*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913902-JUDGEMENTAL-CONSCIOUSNESS-AND-WISDOM
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#913902 added June 23, 2017 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
JUDGEMENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND WISDOM
Constantly calculating and making plans, flowing along with birth and death, becoming afraid and agitated— all these are sentiments of judgmental consciousness. Yet people studying the Path these days do not recognize this disease, and just appear and disappear in its midst.

In the Teachings it’s called acting according to judgmental consciousness, not according to wisdom. Thereby they obscure the scenery of the fundamental ground, their original face.

But if you can abandon it all at once, so you neither think nor calculate, suddenly losing your footing as you tread upon your nostrils, then these very sentiments of judgmental consciousness are the subtle wisdom of true emptiness— there is no other wisdom that can be attained.

If there were something attained and something realized besides, then it wouldn’t be right. It’s like a person when he’s deluded calling east west, and when he’s arrived at enlightenment, west is east— there is no other east.

This subtle wisdom of true emptiness is coeval with the great void: is there a single thing within this great void that could obstruct it? The void is not subject to being obstructed by things, nor does it hinder the coming and going of all things within it.

The subtle wisdom of true emptiness is also thus: birth and death, ordinary and holy, stains and defilements, cannot touch it at all. Although they can’t touch it, the subtle wisdom does not hinder birth and death, ordinary and holy, from coming and going in its midst.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913902-JUDGEMENTAL-CONSCIOUSNESS-AND-WISDOM