*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914156-Motivational-MondaySadness-Defeat-Suffering-Self-Doubt
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#914156 added June 26, 2017 at 6:46pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday:Sadness, Defeat, Suffering, Self-Doubt
Monday, June 26, 2017

"Men who suffer not, attain no perfection. The plant most pruned by the gardeners is that one which, when summer comes, will have the most beautiful blossoms and the most abundant fruit."
‘Abdu’l-Bahá1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1199
From the subject line of an Amazon Review: “Not Every Sadness Yields Defeat”
What do you make of these words?

After 70 some years upon Earth, I have came to realize that sadness is just another form of suffering. Sometimes sadness feels like a bone piercing dagger. It cuts deep into a person's soul causing that individual to consider defeat--giving up--as an option. Anyone feeling this way has to find a way to deal with the sadness in order to turn it into victory. Once the person deals with the sadness, that individual will find new blossoms of joy sprouting all around.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt DAY 1684
It's Motivational Monday use this quote as inspiration "Opportunity is always knocking. The problem is that most people have the self-doubt station in their heads turned up way too loud to hear it." ~ - Brian Vaszily What do you think? How do you turn down the self-doubt station?

This afternoon, I am inclined to think self-doubt is just another form of suffering individual's impose upon themselves. They do this by turning up the volume on the self-doubt station that is always playing in the background. Self-doubt--no matter what anyone says--is something every human being has to deal with because of the negative perceptions about ourselves. We all have things about ourselves we do not like or fears that haunt us because of past actions. Each individual has to find a way to deal with the negative voices playing in their heads. Some individuals deal with this through prayer, while others take a different route such as positive self-talk, affirmation, or action of some kind.


Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for April 1, 2017


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914156-Motivational-MondaySadness-Defeat-Suffering-Self-Doubt