*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914263-30DIC-Day-27-Just-A-Dream-Before-Breakfast
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#914263 added June 29, 2017 at 6:56pm
Restrictions: None
30DIC Day 27: Just A Dream Before Breakfast
** Image ID #2123241 Unavailable **          


PROMPT: "Turn on the local weather forecast and imagine the current conditions taken to the extreme. Write a blog entry about one aspect of it. Have fun with it."

What's up you guys? Ugh...I didn't do a damn thing today. Well, that's not true; I did several things, including some pretty cool stuff, but the one thing I basically got out of bed with the intention of doing, well, I did not do. And I'm squarely blaming it on the weather, which, if you know me, you know I hate talking about it because it's there, it happens, and there ain't shit ya can do about it. And that's my word.

So let's see...I got up this morning, about my usual time, fired up the ol' coffeemaker, and immediately started getting ready as if I were gonna leave the house. And that's a big deal for me, because if I don't do this the likelihood of me actually leaving the house decreases by the hour. The sun was kinda out, doing that peek-a-boo dance random toddlers will do with you when they waddle past you in public like tiny drunk adults, except I think the sun itself was drunk and stumbling and pissing all over the place...by the time I got my shorts up and my window opened, it was raining and miserable.

And cold! I don't know what the friggin' problem is, if it's me or what...this time last year I was dehydrated from sweating my ass off even with a fan blowing on me at high speed 24/7, while today I decided I wasn't going anywhere because it's June and I refuse to wear long pants and a hoodie in the daytime all June long. I will gladly admit that I'm entitled to warm weather in June, as a warm-blooded bastard.

Anyway, the mission today was the same as it's always been on Tuesdays and Saturdays this month...get up early and get down to the farmer's market for cinnamon rolls. It's the end of June and I have yet to even get one single cinnamon roll, let alone an entire pan. And because I'm weather-entitled, I'm blaming this all on Mother Nature. She's probably run by one of the twelve or so corporations that sell basically everything on the planet anyway, so it's not her fault, per se...but there's gotta be at least a figurehead I can come after with a torch and a pitchfork. I mean, it just wouldn't be a Tuesday without something for me to riot about, right?

The weather has been really weird this year...you can't plan for shit. High of 85, low of 42, and periods of blistering sunshine and torrential rain throughout the day, with only a 3.8-minute max window allowing for the transitioning between the two. And I know the prompt says "go to your forecast and take it to the extreme" and I wish I were all funny-haha joking about it, but for realz yo...welcome to Central NY, 2017. Our weather kinda is the extremes. I mean, ok, it's not Arizona hot  , and thankfully we're not waking up to two feet of snow, but I'd seriously appreciate a few straight days of something consistent. I don't think I'm asking for much.

And I don't even wanna joke about it, because I feel like if I do the weather overlords at Mother Nature*Copyright* are gonna retaliate and jam me up with raindrops coming down at me all furious like a water balloon fight until it gets cold enough to snow, and that is something I want zero part in.

So instead I turned my attention inside...came over to WDC, did a few things here and there, and got ready to post the images for the "Invalid Item so I could get going on a poem. I went with the girl sleeping on a stack of books while underwater...tried as hard as I could to come up with something for the baby inside a shell on the beach ("6/27 shell baby), I really did, but when I'm tearing pages out of my notebook because what I'm coming up with smells like that kid's ass because he's trapped in that shell until I dunno, he outgrows it like a hermit crab or somethin' I guess, well, that's at least how I know things aren't working for me.

The girl though...she reminded me of a couple times when I was in high school, staying up late to work on math homework I guess (that's the subject I seem to remember falling asleep on the most *Laugh*), or setting my alarm earlier than normal because I knew I'd need extra time in the morning to finish up. Wasn't often, but often enough I think that I remembered doing it. And that sort of became the beginning of the basic thought process going on into it...random high school shit, and the ways some kids try to deal with it. They pack everything into their schedule and take on so many activities and stuff, and you wonder how they manage to do it all! Even now, with all the conveniences we have compared to when I was a teenager, I still don't think I'd be able to do it! It boggles my mind; like, does every minute have to be accounted for? If something comes up and you can't finish one thing do you just drop it in place and move on, like some weird game show where you actually drop something and move on to another station to perform a task for x-amount of seconds, trying to get as much done before the buzzer sounds? Ugh...the fact that I don't think I would operate very well anymore under those circumstances makes me think something happened to me as a fetus that has impaired my time-to-activities ratio and reasoning *Laugh*.

But yeah, anyway, a poem. This is the result of that. Hurry up and read it, cuz it's about to rain again I think.

30-Day Image Prompt.


Just A Dream Before Breakfast

It was math- no,
sciences of earth-
or that guy after gym class, ya know,
with the laser-cut tris.
Yeah!          I think...
And it was 1 o'clock,
or was it Monday morning?
Feels like night, but
there's no way it would've been.

All the commitments are piling high;
why am I sinking farther below?

Everything's looking up but my
         status...
         security...
         prospects...
         grades.
The only time I can breathe
is when I'm three hours deep in sleep
and the pressures release;
I'm a thousand pounds of
weightlessness.
I'm everything, and
I don't know who I am
but I'll do it          flawlessly,
like you had no idea
I didn't know how to begin.


         "Just A Dream Before Breakfast from "Also Mutants, with footnote.

Blog divider.


Funny...most days I've got a song before the poem or the entry or the links. I may start off with a general idea for the entry and the song kinda drops in, and I'll go from there...snapping pieces of the entry together like folding chairs and tables. Not today...last part of the entry today for me was this part (well, and the actual typing of the details in my head). How could I come up with a song that tied in school-like stuff and weather-relatedness? I know a lot of music, but I can't just Google my library with search tags and sub-categories. This is where I landed because once I saw the lyrics it sorta fit the poem...or, well, maybe it fit the picture prompt a little better than maybe my poem did, and you can drown in a rain puddle if you try hard enough.

"Drown"   -Smashing Pumpkins

"No matter where you are, I can still hear you when you dream.
You traveled very far. You traveled far, like a star."


For the blog.


*Bulletgr* *News* I NEED TO INTERRUPT THIS ENTRY FOR A SPECIAL FAKE NEWS BULLETIN!!   For real though, in forty years your grandkids (not mine, cuz I'm not puttin' kids who are gonna have kids into this world *Smirk*) are gonna cuss you out in Russian, with something that roughly translates to "WTF were you and your people thinking when America was still a free country??"

*Bulletgr* *Radioactive* Given that weather might be just one of the many reasons that could lead all of us to not even worry about grandchildren swearing at us in Russian because adults can't come to a consensus and trust science or other adults on pretty much otherwise common sense issues and might be tempted instead to blow everything up and start over, here's what to do in case a nuclear bomb hits your town  . Remember to send me a thank you C-note when it's over with, cuz you know I love you *Wink*.

*Bulletgr* *Quill* Found this list during National Poetry Month...you know, that month where "Invalid Item happens and I swear to myself I'll start blogging more often again and convince myself to participate, until I don't? Well, I figure since this month I'm crossing over poetry and blogging, I'll share with some of the non-poetry readers this list I found back in April (uhhh, that was April, right? *Confused*) of ten poets for people who don't like poetry  . And no, I'm not listed...which I know for some of you probably invalidates the list *Rolleyes* *Laugh* (just kidding), but there's seriously some cool people on there worth at least a Twitter follow.

*Bulletgr* *Acorn* And finally, if you go to this middle school   please get at me, because the person that hung that sign and I need to be friends and find paying jobs in whatever field it is that pays people to do what they did. I mean, it's no Depew Senior High class of '15 *Down*; in fact, I'd say it's above and beyond in my opinion...or, if you will, perhaps a tougher nut to crack *Smirk*. I'll show myself out, thanks.

Depew High School 2015 senior prank.
*sigh* And to think, I was once really proud
to live in that community.


Alright you kids...I've had about enough o' yas for one day. Can't take you guys anywhere or do anything nice without a problem, huh? Oh wait, sorry...that was just the flashbacks of junior year again *Laugh*. No seriously, I'm gonna cut outta here a little early because it's still daylight and that doesn't mean anything but it sounds like as good an excuse as any to wrap this thing up cuz I don't have anything else planned and nothing more to say. Peace, yesterday the sky was you, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2017 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914263-30DIC-Day-27-Just-A-Dream-Before-Breakfast