*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915261-Feast-of-Knowledge
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2112404
Celebrating the two hundredth Anniversaries of The Birth of Baha'u'llah and The Bab
#915261 added August 11, 2017 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
Feast of Knowledge
Feast of Knowledge:
To the Blessed Beauty

"Every word is endowed with a spirit, therefore the speaker or expounder should carefully deliver his words at the appropriate time and place, for the impression which each word maketh is clearly evident and perceptible. The Great Being saith: One word may be likened unto fire, another unto light, and the influence which both exert is manifest in the world. Therefore an enlightened man of wisdom should primarily speak with words as mild as milk, that the children of men may be nurtured and edified thereby and may attain the ultimate goal of human existence which is the station of true understanding and nobility. And likewise He saith: One word is like unto springtime causing the tender saplings of the rose-garden of knowledge to become verdant and flourishing, while another word is even as a deadly poison. It behoveth a prudent man of wisdom to speak with utmost leniency and forbearance so that the sweetness of his words may induce everyone to attain that which befitteth man’s station."
Bahá’u’lláh1

We gather in the Temple of the Blessed Beauty,
where word by word
we consume the bread of divine knowledge
from the fingers of God's Glory
and sip the wine of spiritual wisdom
from the crystals goblets
of unity.


Poet's Note:

Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for June 6, 2015.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915261-Feast-of-Knowledge