*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915466
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2112404
Celebrating the two hundredth Anniversaries of The Birth of Baha'u'llah and The Bab
#915466 added August 11, 2017 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
Day of Glory
Day of Glory:
To the Blessed Beauty

"Thou seest me, O my God, detached from all save Thee and cleaving unto Thee. Guide me, then, in all mine affairs unto that which profiteth me for the glory of Thy Cause and the loftiness of the station of thy loved ones."
Bahá’u’lláh1

Blessed Beauty, I contemplate the magnificence of a solar day. One day ends at sunset as another begins. When I was growing up, I very seldom got to see the beginning and the end of a day because then the day began and ended at midnight. I went to sleep one day and woke up the next without realizing the splendor of the first and the last hours of a day.

Sunset to sunset
Evening clouds shine resplendent
Bright rays smiling down

Blessed Beauty, Thank you for revealing the resplendence of the Day of Glory. Saturday has always been a special day, when I was a child it was special because it was a weekend. I did not have to get up and go to school the next day, which meant I could stay up later than usual. Saturday was the day my sibling and myself spent with Grandma and Grandpa Newland. In summer we went to The Lake--I don't know if it had any other name, then The Lake--there we would fish, water ski, ride in Grandpa's boat, and work in Grandma's vegetable garden.

The Day of Glory
The grandeur of a new name
Divine attribute

Blessed Beauty, it is wonderful having the day named after an attribute of God, rather than a pagan deity. Saturday used to be Saturn's Day, but now it is renewed with a new name. A name that reminds me of the new age we are living in. This is something that needs to be proclaimed to the world. The majesty of the Day of Glory should be celebrated in poetry and song.


Poet's Note:


Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for December 20, 2015

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915466