*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915481-Excerpt
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#915481 added July 16, 2017 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Excerpt
Shrodha was a rich king. He had all pleasures of life. He had also a great competitive nature. He can not see anybody richer than him. Now He got bored enjoying riches since ages, life became joyless. He met many yogis, sadhus, no one appealed him.
Once Buddha came to his village with his devotees. Shrodha visited him. Something happened to him deep in the inner level seeing Buddha's aura of love and compassion. He got attracted so much towards him that he couldn't hold himself and fell on Budha's feet. With tears falling from his eyes he pleaded Buddha to take him under his fold and initiate him.
Buddha knew his past tendencies, and what was going to happen to him. Still Buddha initiated him. What feared Buddha exactly happened, he was too anxious, too excited, too much ambitious, had his extremes.
Shrodha saw many monks old and young, mature and new practitioners. Some monks were close to Buddha and were very advanced, some monks were very dear to Buddha due to their selfless constant seva, and child like behaviour. Now Shrodha wanted to be above them all to come in Buddha's close group. He ate once every second day, while other eat little daily. Others wore few clothes while Shrodha wore one small piece around his waist, meditated 10 hrs a day, while others few hours. This way Shrodha surpassed others in renunciation.
Monks got impressed especially new ones. They started getting attracted towards him. Ego heightened, competition came here as well, a new samsara took birth in Buddha's peaceful sangha. Buddha knew beforehand very well, this going to happen.
One day Buddha called him and asked about his great talent in a musical instrument Veena (a kind of Indian instrument)in which he used to be very good. Shrodha answered in dismay that he suppressed it for dharma. Buddha encouraged him to start his music, and concentrate to sharpen his natural talent, suppression is not right .
Happily Shrodha encouraged by Buddha, got involved in his music too, thinking to be far superior than all and also more loved by Buddha as well. Now day and night, had became same for him, no time to rest.. but doing Sangha service, meditation, and practicing music. Months past. Day by day, he became more weak and emaciated Seeing his condition Buddha came to him, asked him about the reason of his condition. Shrodha cried and asked Buddha that he no more wished to live in Sangha, as after doing double than the other bhikshu's tapas, following his instructions of dharma for years, still couldn't reach quarter of that Anandam where Buddha was established.
Buddha smiled and said, "Ananda is where samsara is not. For samasari, sangha is another samsara, so doesn't matter whether he is monk or not.
Ananda is neither at extremes, nor lowers, but in middle. (As long as pendulum is moving left to right and right to left, in its each move of left or right its tendency or attraction to move its opposite - right or left bound to exist)."

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915481-Excerpt