*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915710-War-Chest-Wednesday-Change-Noise-and-Peace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#915710 added July 19, 2017 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Change, Noise, and Peace
Wednesday, July 19, 2017

"Our Sun is a second- or third-generation star. All of the rocky and metallic material we stand on, the iron in our blood, the calcium in our teeth, the carbon in our genes were produced billions of years ago in the interior of a red giant star. We are made of star-stuff."
Carl Sagan, The Cosmic Connection: An Extraterrestrial Perspective

The War Chest Wednesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
How do you effectively make a change in your life or in anything you do? (i.e. a habit, a routine, a system, etc)

Effectively Making Changes

How have I effectively made a change in my life? I know I have made changes in my life, but I have never analyzed the process. Part of the process of change concerns prayer, meditation, and reading the sacred scriptures. Another part of the process concerns what works and does not work. If I do something that does not work or does not get the results I expected, then I take that as an indication that I need to do something different.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1222
Do you have loud noises by your house or are things quiet where you live? Write about this for your Blog entry.

Apartment Living

The man in the apartment--a studio--next door is a toker, who makes some rather odd noises between 6:00 pm and midnight. Sometimes the noises are loud and sound like he is or someone is knocking on the wall. Sometimes it sounds as if he is moving furniture, which is weird because I used to live in that apartment and, know, that it is close to impossible to move anything if you have more than one item of furniture. I do not complain because it is not the type of noise that wakes me screaming in the middle of the night.


Other noises concern people knocking on the door in the middle of the night. If they knock on my door, I usually know what they want and let De answer it. Then there are first responder sirens, gunshots, people shout at each other, and, when it is cooler, children and young people playing outside. Then there is my smoke alarm, which acts like a cooking timer and, goes off when De is cooking on top of the stove. As long as I can explain the noises, they do not bother me. It is the unexplained weird noises that bug me.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1677
"Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their oneness with the universe." Black Elk
Use this quote to inspire your blog entry.

Oneness with the Universe

We are children of the universe,
we are one with the universe,
our bodies are composed of substances created in stars,
of the stuff of stars,
we are the dust of stars.


Peace comes to our spirits
when we connect,
through meditation,
with the universe.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915710-War-Chest-Wednesday-Change-Noise-and-Peace