*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916082
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2112404
Celebrating the two hundredth Anniversaries of The Birth of Baha'u'llah and The Bab
#916082 added August 11, 2017 at 9:43pm
Restrictions: None
Letter About Humanity
Letter About Humanity:
To The Blessed Beauty

Dear Blessed Beauty,

I contemplate the way the different faiths look at the human race. The source for my meditation on this subject are quotes from various clergy that I have collected on this subject. I have had these quotes for several years because I once attempted to write a poem on the subject. It wasn't a very good poem because it didn't express emotions.

"Man stamps coins in his image
And they are all alive;
God stamps humankind in His image
and they are unlike one another."

Jewish Saying

Unlike one another in so many ways. Each person a unique individual, and, yet, we are also like each other in many other ways. Unlike and like. Diversity and unity. Our physical bodies created from the union of DNA that decomposes upon the death of the individual. Our souls a single indivisible essence.

"Humanity has the capacity to choose
Great good or great evil."

Christian Clergyman

Free will gives us the capacity to choose between good and evil, between love and hate. We can choose to follow the commands of God by accepting the His Divine Manifestation for the day in which we live or we can reject the Prophet (Manifestation) of God. Whichever we decide affects the soul when it separates from our physical bodies at death.

"Humanity has infinite potential capacity."
Latter Day Saint Educator

Endless potential. Souls that reflect the light we receive from the Manifestation of God for the day we live in. You, Blessed Beauty, are the Manifestation of God for today. The only way I or anyone else can achieve their full potential is by turning to you, polishing the mirrors of our souls, and reflecting that light back to the creator.

"Humanity's origin is one of excellence."
Islamic Holy Man

We, human beings, are moral creatures that sometimes lets our selfish desires get in the way of polishing our mirrors. When we do this we become lower than any animal in the wild, but when we focus on the Manifestation of God, we can overcome our selfish desires. It is not easy, but it is possible. Perhaps that is what positive thinking is focusing on the Chosen One of God or the Manifestation of the Divine essence for today.

"Divine virtues are reflected in humanity."
Baha'i Teacher

I am a Baha'i. I cannot help but apply what little I know Your teaching or scriptures to consideration of the human race. I place everything in your hand, Blessed Beauty.

Your striving servant.


Poet's Note:

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916082