*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916490-9-Authors-I-Have-Read-More-Than-15-Books-From
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#916490 added August 1, 2017 at 1:20am
Restrictions: None
9 Authors I Have Read More Than 15 Books From
When Viewing the "My Books" page on Goodreads, you have the option to view a few different types of statistics. One of these options is to take a look at a list of which authors you have read the most from, including the number of books you have read by those authors. I have become quite the fan of statistics and numbers when it comes to my media consumption (nerd alert!), so I enjoy browsing through these Goodreads pages. I have found that I have nine authors I have recorded on my Goodreads that I have read more than fifteen books from. Here are the authors I have read most often in my life, and my reasons behind their ranking so high on the list.

Hannah Howell
Of all the books I have recorded on Goodreads as having read, Hannah Howell presents as the author I have read the most from. I am not completely certain that she is the author I have read most in actuality. Howell has released dozens of books within her multiple Highlander series, and I nearly all 48 books I have read from her have been among those. While I still have a soft spot for some of her work, I was mostly interested in her books when I was new to historical romance, as she was among the very first historical romance authors I read.

VC Andrews
I have read 47 VC Andrews books, but this number seems somehow on the low side. I think most of these were read between the ages of 9 and 15, and I have absolutely no shame. Horribly inappropriate for children, her books still somehow seem best when read by someone far too young. I absolutely still have a soft spot for a number of her older series (Landry, Casteel, Dollanganger, the standalone My Sweet Audrina, etc), which I doubt I will ever renounce, but her more recent books have left me less than impressed.

Gena Showalter
I started reading Gena Showalter's young adult novels when I was thirteen, and I almost immediately move on to her adult romance novels, which I fell in love with. Showalter was the author that made me fall in love with romance as a genre, which is definitely reflected in the 35 books I have read by her. Unfortunately I have not been very fond of her more recent works, which have a tone to them that I just don't enjoy as much, along with some of her series feeling too long. That said, I am still always open to reading more of her books, or continuing the various series I have started.

Lynsay Sands
I was first interested in Lynsay Sands for her Argeneau series, which I think offers just enough of a twist on the traditional vampire romance to still be interesting. I loved the series, and I am still fond of its early installments, but I definitely think it went on for far longer than it ought to have. It probably accounts for more than half of the 34 books on my Goodreads from her. Shortly after I started that series, I read some of her historical romance, my first ever. It got me interested in histrocial romance as a whole, and it continues to be the type of work I still read when she releases a new one.

Lori Foster
I remember Lori Foster first being brought to my attention in a number of romance anthologies I was reading in my mid teens. Some of the 27 books I have read from her are among those anthologies. That said, her full length contemporary romance novels rank among some of my favourites. I am especially fond of her books when she keeps things funny, sexy, and charming. When she goes for more intense heroes, I find that they occasionally start to feel like they might be dragging a little bit. However, I've never read anything from her I outright disliked.

MaryJanice Davidson
It has been quite awhile since I have read anything from MaryJanice Davidson, but I'm not surprised I hit 27 of her books. I am especially fond of her work for various romance anthologies, which I still have a soft spot for. I would still re-read some of her novels as well. I was mainly put off her work by the direction her Undead series was taking--I found that it was going on too long, more of the novels were becoming hit or miss, and I didn't really enjoy the direction the plot was going. Seeing her on the list makes me inclined to pick up another anthology from her, or to re-read Hello Gorgeous.

Robert Munsch
I feel like it almost seems like a cheat to have my 19 Robert Munsch reads impact this list. I am certain I have read more than 19, but I don't rate and review nearly as many picture books as I should. Munsch is easily one of my favourite picture book authors, something I can say as an adult that has not changed since childhood. I love that he has continued putting out new works, although I haven't exactly followed his career. My favourites are The Paperbag Princess; Purple, Green, and Yellow; Stephanie's Ponytail; and Thomas' Snowsuit. Honourable mention for Love You Forever.

Sherrilyn Kenyon
Of the 16 Sherrilyn Kenyon books I have read, precisely all of them have been from her Dark Hunter series (or a spin off). The early Dark Hunter novels (I will always have a special place in my heart for Fantasy Lover) rank among my one of my absolute favourite paranormal romance series. I always mean to continue reading the series, but it just keeps going. I also always mean to read some of her non Dark Hunter books, but when I still seem to have so many Dark Hunter novels to catch up on, it is hard to focus any of my attention on her other works.

Erin McCarthy
I first came across Erin McCarthy as a random library find with her Vegas Vampires series, which ended up being an absolute blast. With other series like Seven Deadly Sins, Cuttersville, and Sexy in NYC, it's no surprise I ended up hitting 16 of her books. Her stand alone contemporary romance novels were some of the first contemporary romance I ever really read. Her biggest series is the Fast Track series, which I have missed out on entirely, and I heard she was also getting into new adult, an area I need to explore more altogether. Ultimately I would rather re-read the books of hers I already read, as they interest me more.

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Ninety-One. Eight days of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916490-9-Authors-I-Have-Read-More-Than-15-Books-From