*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916589-August
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#916589 added August 2, 2017 at 1:16pm
Restrictions: None
August
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!

DAY 1721: August 2, 2017

Prompt: “The month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
How would you describe August?



In August the first signs of fall make us sit up and take notice. Here in Quebec, the days are hot and humid and the nights are cool. The days are noticeably shorter.

On my way shopping to a near by town on Saturday I noticed the hay has all been cut, the corn is waist high and being sold at roadside stands. Brown eyed Susans are waving merrily in the breeze and a few maple leafs have begun to change colour!

As the prompt suggests the days just lay there and sizzle making me wish I'd installed an AC! Instead, I keep the blinds closed to block out the scorching rays of the sun, run all the fans on high and keep emptying the dehumidifier!

August is the perfect time for swimming, picnics in the shade, backyard BBQs, and campfires in the evening., roasting hot dogs and marshmallows and catching up with friends and neighbours around the fire.

Sometimes there is a sudden downpour and lightning lights up the evening sky. Time to run for the shelter of the house!


River *Heart*









© Copyright 2017 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916589-August