*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916743-Waraira-Repono
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#916743 added August 4, 2017 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
Waraira Repono
Map of Venezuela


Aug 4th
El Ávila National Park Half-Day Jeep Tour
I’ve made special arrangements and we’re doing the whole day, spending longer time spans at the locales along the way. Dress comfortably because we will be walking too. El Ávila National Park, in north-central Venezuela, occupies a 200,000-acre mountain region that ranges in height from 120 meters to just over 2 meters. After 9am pickup from your Caracas hotel, you'll be driven to the highest point in the park, where you'll be able to walk and take in gorgeous views that contrast with the hustle and bustle of the capital. From atop El Ávila, you'll be able to see Caracas on one side and the Caribbean. Don’t forget your camera.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g316066-d12465496-El_Avila_N...
Dining enjoyment for the evening is El Alazan, it’s on the pricey side but highly reviewed and rated.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g316066-d792792-Reviews-El_Alazan-...
Even though it is basically famous for its varieties of meat you can also find an excellent quality of fish plates or pasta plates.The ambiance is very chic with lots of wood in the decoration. Besides all of that, the quality of the service is superb. You always feel pandered and like a preferred guest.



Quote: Every December, the "Cruz de Natividad" is illuminated, a large crucifix high up in the mountain that faces the city and can be seen from very far distances.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_%C3%81vila_National_Park

Book:http://www.parkswatch.org/parkprofiles/pdf/avnp_eng.pdf this is a pdf book with maps of the 200,000 acre coverage of the park and all kinds of other relevant info. Used as a reference today.

I kept up a running conversation with out driver. She was very happy to impart all kinds of information about the park and the start of the city. Waraira Repono is the indigenous name for the area. Activities available inside the National Park are running, biking, rock climbing, camping, and zip lining. The areas highest elevation is 9072 feet. I'm smitten with the idea that Caracas considers this a vegetation necessity within their city. They consider it a city body part comparable to a lung. this is so fitting because plants and trees especially are responsible for the oxygen we breathe on the earth.

At one point we were able to take some time walking along special walkways. A local resident told me this is one way to get over a fear of heights. We got a good look at jungle and plant life as it pushes its way close to the well maintained walking trails. Maintaining these walkways and trails must be extensive. Mother earth is the biggest Human predator. If they let up on maintenance here even for a few months plant life would take over quickly, that is even true where we live in the deciduous forests of Pennsylvania. there were eating and sovereign shops along the walkways. One was loaded with fresh strawberries on large platters. They would make a drink for you from them.

Biodiversity within the park abounds. There is over 100 butterfly species, 120 mammal species, 20 amphibians, 500 species of birds, of which 3 of the bird species are threatened. Of course, also there are 1800 plant species.

Unfortunately, there are also some ecological threats as well. I was amazed to understand the Hotel Humboldt and the tramway are considered a part of the threats as well as poaching, fires, and people who want to build homes on the Mountain.

References: www.youtube.com and www.wikipedia.org

The El Alazan is a beautiful building. Inside our tables were situated with hanging plants nearby. There were many diners which created a low steady rhythm of diners talking, laughing and enjoying their meals. I ate a fish platter with greens and a sauce made with red peppers which was very good.

Are group now seems to be 14 strong. Soon, we will need a bus in order to travel together. Carly and I had a good conversation at diner about how different some of the trails in the park are. Some of the trails are for adventurous hikers. I talked to a hiker coming off one of the back country trails who saw a large rock carved with indigenous carvings from ancient times.

Time to rest and relax tomorrow is barreling toward us with another South American adventure.

Merit Badge in Just Because
[Click For More Info]

In validation of your comments on my blogs! *^*Smile*^*















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916743-Waraira-Repono