*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916927-Suriname
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#916927 added August 6, 2017 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
Suriname
August 6th A direct flight from Georgetown to Paramaribo would get us across the border in an hour’s time. So to maximize our time there we’re leaving at 9am no snoozing ladies and gents on this adventure.
We’re ditching our stuff at the hotel and we’re off.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294082-d1218711-Reviews-Courtyard_Para...
And we’re off for a day of walking, so dress comfortably.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294082-d2233127-Reviews-Saint_Pet...
This is a real breathtaking place, this Roman Catholic (Cathedral until 2014) now Basilique of Paramaribo, known as the 'biggest and tallest wooden structure of South America. Look for the dress code and the openings hours.
A tour guide will meet us here
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=20632P1&d=447474...

Paramaribo, the capital of Suriname, featuring numerous wooden buildings of unique architecture and a variety of hospitable ethnic groups, living together in harmony. First the guide will take you on a bus ride along the most prominent historic locations in the city center and then he will take you to visit other hot spots in different suburbs.
What to Expect
Our guide will pick you up by bus and our tour will past the most important monumental buildings and streets of the city.
You will see the Presidential Palace, the Museum Fort Zeelandia and the Corner House.
We’ll have time to watch the dolphins play on this lovely river cruise before have a late night dinner.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294082-d4740690-Reviews-Commewijn...
We were on Suriname river for a while and then moved toward the Commewijne River where we saw quite a lot of dolphins
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294082-d2213863-Reviews-Garden_of...
Its Asian cuisine with lots of vegetarian options for those who prefer veggies.
Sweet dreams, we’re off to our next country in the morning. Everything I read about reaching French Guiana from Suriname involves a lot hassle from taxi rides with passes to the border, then a boat ride to Cayenne and more passes required. This tour guide isn’t going to fuss with all this, so we’re moving on to Brazil. Sorry, only 12 countries.


Such a lot of fuss to visit a tiny country! Once again, I found myself in a plane, but this time it was a short flight. Huh, Suriname is the smallest South American nation. It's another one with a Dutch past. Apparently, the official language is Dutch. At least, this morning's wakeup time was more civilized.
         So, Paramaribo has a dress code... Okay, I will endeavour to modestly cover my shoulders and knees. I'm a t-shirt gal anyway. I do not think I am acclimated just yet. The heat is all pervasive.
          A bus tour is most welcome today. I let my eyes do the walking. This capital city is pretty. I smell the tempting aromas of coffee, cocoa, sugar cane, and see evidence of billowy cotton. Our guide explains that the surrounding plantations once used African slaves as labourers. I cannot imagine such a life! Because of its resources and differing groups of developers from other nations,, this country is ethnically and culturally diverse. indigenous natives have blended with Africans, Dutch, Brits, Indians, and Asians.
         The highlight of the day was the Commewijne River boat cruise. Floating on water promotes a feeling of serenity and tranquility. Snowy egrets looked so regal. The curious dolphins seemed to generate laughter as they cavorted for our entertainment.
          Surprisingly, my appetite proved hearty once again. Tonight, we dined at the Garden of Eden. I never say no to Asian cuisine.
         

You are receiving this email because you are part of the group "30-Day Bloggers Group" . If you no longer wish to be part of this group,

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916927-Suriname