*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916977-Rio-De-Janeiro
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#916977 added August 7, 2017 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
Rio De Janeiro
August 7th Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Grab a nap on the plane because when our feet hit we’re off to the races.
We’re staying at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
Avenida Atlantica, 1020, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22010-000, Brazil 011 55 21 3501-8000
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303506-d301412-Reviews-Hilton_Rio_de_J...
It’s got mixed reviews but the pluses are safe ocean access and pool both. The luggage will be transported and we’ll sort it out later.
Skip the Line: Christ the Redeemer Admission Ticket
Bypass long lines for Rio's most popular attraction with this time-saving ticket
Take the first available train to the summit of Corcovado
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g303506-d12152822-Skip_the_L...




Book: Dancing With the Devil in the City of God by Julianna Barbassa available as an eBook on Amazon.

Quote: “Each drop of my blood will be an immortal flame in your conscience and will uphold the sacred will to resist. To hatred I reply with pardon, and to those who think they have defeated me, I reply with my victory. I was a slave to the Brazilian people, and today I am freeing myself for eternal life. But this people, whose slave I was, will no longer be slave to anyone. My sacrifice will remain forever in their souls and my blood will be the price for their ransom. I fought against the exploitation of Brazil. I fought against the exploitation of her people. I have fought with my whole heart. Hatred, infamy and slander have not conquered my spirit.I have given you my life. Now I offer you my death. I fear nothing. Serenely I take my first step towards eternity and leave life to enter history.”
― Getúlio Vargas (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/brazi)

Local News: From Guyana on July 28th: a group of Muslims were arrested in a terrorist sting. On August 7: a big story is the shooting of an elderly British woman who was visiting relatives in Rio De Janeiro. Rio is a large and rambunctious city with lots of diversity. Stay safe as you travel.

Rio De Janeiro is located to the west of South America with an Atlantic Ocean port. The Hilton Copacabana is a beautiful place to stay. The views of the city and beaches from the upper floors are something I would not want to miss. There was a balcony with chairs and a small table where some of the group gathered to grab some room service while we prepared for the days tours. Blue Moon, Sandra Lyn, Prosperous Snow, Kittiara, and Carla. We are all still disc using the sites of Guyana.

People who are afraid of heights should be sure South America is where they want to go for a vacation. When we boarded the train to view the statue, Christ the Redeemer, the ride went up and up and up. At the foot of the monument you could look off across the city to another mountain top where there is a cable car ride.

Soon, we were traveling to the National Museum. The grounds near the museum are a park where we could walk and view statues or rest of benches. Inside, there was so much to see. I especially liked the display of indigenous artifacts. Also, was the room with stuffed birds posed in different lifelike poses, a room with dinosaur skeletons, and a painting I especially liked called "The Arab Violinist." Don't forget to view the large pottery display.

Close by we entered the National Library. It is the seventh largest library in the world. In the 50's it took the preservation of Portuguese writings as a duty because of a serious Portugal earthquake. The library is extremely diverse, holding a large catalog of photographs and moving into the 21st century with a dedication to online development.

I discovered there are a lot of different hiking trails around the city. On Sundays there is something called the Hippy Fair. It is a good place to get leather goods and other souvenirs. If I get a chance I will buy a new pair of sandals.We are now below the Equator. Stay *Cool* ,

The beautiful inviting beaches always seem to have a lot of people on them even in the late evenings. At dinner we had tapas and a meal at the El Born where I was happy with Mediterranean food. Then it was back to the Hilton for a rest. *Sleeping*.



© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916977-Rio-De-Janeiro