*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917074-Monasteries-Sunshine-and-beaches
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#917074 added August 8, 2017 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
Monasteries, Sunshine and beaches
Map of Venezuela

Aug 8th- Breakfast THE VIEW RESTAURANT Located on the 4th floor of our hotel overlooking the ocean, this buffet restaurant serves Brazilian and international cuisine. Here, travelers can watch the sun rise over Copacabana beach while enjoying a delightful breakfast.
Rio de Janeiro Half-Day Walking Tour---After pickup from your Rio hotel at 1:00pm , follow your local guide on this engrossing tour of Old Rio.
Visit the Rio's most impressive church, Nossa Senhora de Cadelária, as well as the ornate São Bento Monastery to view its paintings and gilt carvings. Stop by Praça XV do Novembro, where Brazil's emperors were crowned in the 1800s and many other important historical events took place. View the Portuguese-style Paço Imperial (Imperial Palace), built for Brazil's rulers as a home and workplace in the 1700s. Enjoy engaging commentary from your local guide while you walk, and feel free to ask any questions about the history or culture of Brazil.
Continue your tour with a stroll down Uruguaiana Street, which takes you to the Metropolitan Cathedral and Carioca Square. Your tour concludes here, enjoy a ride back to your hotel.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g303506-d11447460-Rio_de_Jan...
Time for a quick clothing change and we’re off.
Ginga Tropical Show in Rio de Janeiro 5:30 pm we leave the hotel promptly. Brazilian Barbecue Dinner Sit down for a delicious buffet dinner, including a variety of barbecued meats, local specialties, seafood, and salads. Attend the Ginga Tropical Show, a dance and music that allows you to learn about Brazil's vibrant history and culture through its traditional music and dance. During this 90-minute presentation, see talented performers dance the lambada, samba and bossa nova dressed in outrageous Carnival costumes. Hear folklore from around the diverse country, live drumming and the Brazilian martial art: capoeira.


Book: Capoeira by George Ancona




Quote: A good capoeirista of course likes everything of capoeira: the beats, the berimbau, the game; everything else is secondary. Today a lot of capoeiristas are very arrogant, vain and these are negative aspects. A good capoeirista is humble, polite and he knows that all the other capoeiristas are brothers and human beings.— Mestre Suassuna / from the website: http://capoeirashanghai.com/news/253

I visited cathedrals, monasteries, and beaches today. There is so much to see here I can hardly take it all in or even report about it all.

When you say the word monastery I think of something quiet, plain, with small rooms and long halls. The ones I am familiar with are monasteries in the middle east; I have seen in documentary's. Places where travelers take refuge for a night or stay for a month to get away and meditate. But, Rio is a noisy place and the monasteries here are ornate and noisy in a decorative manner. They are also beautiful and reverent with statues, paintings and music. The composers of classical music have found a home in these monasteries where the music is a showcase of the way people feel and move. In Saint Benedicts Monastery we were treated to the Monk's Chant.

I found an especial interest in the church of the lady of Carmel. This is a special place within the Camel convent. I read a fiction story highlighting the Carmel Order this spring. A lively story about how the sisters of this order kept victims safe from the Spanish inquisitions.

When the sun rises in Rio it is a special thing to see. It brings the daytime traffic jams and the forever noise that accompanies everyday life in Rio De Janeiro. Rio is a special cultural experience. The people want to help you have a special time here and enjoy their culture. Some parts of the city (the favelos) are dangerous but that seems to be possible in all cities.

Yesterdays news told a story about some young people who decided they needed some drugs. They approached a drug dealer without money and tried to rob him of his drugs. The drug dealer took out a gun and shot them. One of them called 911 which brought the police and the drug dealer was arrested. This was on the news from the US yesterday.

I'm off to visit some more places in Rio De Janeiro. Quick visits of Botanical gardens before we leave Rio.


Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your participation in the  [Link To Item #30dbc] 's December 2016 Australian Tour! We hope you had a great time! *^*Bigsmile*^* 

- [Link To User flamebreather]  &  [Link To User fivesixer]
















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917074-Monasteries-Sunshine-and-beaches