*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916992-Women-and-Ministry-in-the-Christian-Church
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#916992 added October 17, 2018 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Women and Ministry in the Christian Church
         I am not and do not pretend to be a biblical scholar; however, I do read and listen to the bible daily and have done so since I was born again in 1984 on the premise that Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word. (Romans 10:17) On occasion, I also “study” specific scriptures---though in recent years I have been lackadaisical in this endeavor.

         The church at large and the people of God are on my heart and in my prayers. 

         Most of the churches in Pinellas County, Florida, though said to believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and in the operation of the gifts, do not allow or encourage their operation in the church.  Having a form of godliness, they deny the power thereof.  (2nd Timothy 3:5.)  For this reason, in February of 2016, I started a Facebook page called “Quench Not the Spirit in the Tampa Bay,” recently changed to “Unquenchable Fire of God Ministries wrought by God through faith and fervent prayer.”  I have been praying to see the full operation of the gifts within the church. 

         Additionally, I have been praying against gender bias.  At the last service I attended at Calvary Chapel St. Petersburg, Dave Dodge, spoke prophetically (likely unbeknownst to him) when he said, "Women are being elevated in the church." 

         Much to the chagrin of women called into ministry, most churches throughout the USA and the world, oppress women---hanging their hats on 1st Timothy 2:12 while completely neglecting the scriptures about Deborah who sat as a judge in Israel; Esther who called a fast for the whole nation to avert annihilation; Mary the mother of Jesus who was visited by an angel and divinely conceived our Lord and Savior; Hannah the mother of Samuel; the nameless wife of Manoah, mother of Sampson who received a visitation by the Angel of the Lord and spoke to Manoah about it; when the Angel of the Lord again appeared to answer Manoah’s questions, He again first appeared to Manoah’s nameless wife----she had to go and get her husband; Elizabeth the mother of John the Baptist had a visitation---she believed immediately, though her husband (Zechariah) did not believe and was, therefore, dumb-struck until after the birth of the promised child; Anna was a prophetess, spending her time day and night at the temple in prayer and intercession with Simeon---both were instrumental in ushering in the Messiah; Lydia of Thyatira; and Tabitha, called Dorcas was actually raised from the dead because of her contributions to the Christian community within which she lived. (See Acts 9:36-42.)

         Then we look at great women of God used throughout the ages---Kathryn Kuhlman and Aimee Semple McPherson (nothing “simple” about them) to name just two.

         After the American Civil War was fought and won over racism, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863; but the oppression of women continued; they were considered mere property by most men.  Black men were granted the right to vote in 1870; however, American women were denied this right until August 18, 1920. 

         Women are being elevated to positions of authority in the secular sector of society throughout the USA; however, oppression continues within the church.

         Baby girls are thrown in trash heaps in China as the government limits the number of children parents are allowed and the parents, themselves, prefer boys.

         Within the church, those wishing to hold back God Almighty and women, seem to pick and choose scriptures out of context to justify their behavior. 

         A church I was attending went through a major church split.  Though they hold corporate prayer meetings on Wednesday’s from 6:00 to 6:45 p.m. (just prior to the 7:00 p.m. service), only a handful of women and one or two men attend.  None of the pastoral staff, regular staff, musicians or volunteer “servants” (all of whom are men) attend these important prayer meetings.

         I messaged those in charge, to no avail.  So, I am looking for another place to worship.

© Copyright 2018 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916992-Women-and-Ministry-in-the-Christian-Church