*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922526-A-Duck-in-the-Road-October-19
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#922526 added February 13, 2018 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
A Duck in the Road, October 19
Losing faith in humanity this morning...

There was a duck sitting in the middle of a three westbound lanes on a divided highway---hit by a car that just kept driving---feathers flying like snow, still fresh in the air.  Since you cannot read my mind, I am editing this piece to add: I turned on flashers, stopped the car, picked up the frightened and injured duck and carried him to the grass on the side of the road.

I called the Seabird Sanctuary; the lady who answered said no one was available. I said, If you care anything about animals at all, you will find someone to help.  She hung up on me.

I called the City of Largo and spoke with a lady who wanted to put me off---You need Animal Control. I'm in my car, can you please help. So in-attentive, she asked twice for the location.

When I got to work, I called Animal Control/SPCA/Wildlife Rescue. Neither the Seabird Sanctuary nor the City of Largo contacted them. Shorthanded, they assured me they would get to the duck as soon as possible. 

----------------------

I remember two unsuspecting baby pigs in a pen and dead comments:  Their names are "pork" and "chops." They won't need shelter long; they're only here for the party...

Sometimes I hate the world; but ...God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -John 3:16 (KJV)  [emphasis added]

And Jesus saith, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.  -Luke 23:34 (KJV)
 ~

© Copyright 2018 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922526-A-Duck-in-the-Road-October-19