*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917338-Burpdays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#917338 added August 11, 2017 at 4:03pm
Restrictions: None
Burpdays

Birthdays, like all things, come and go. Some really look forward to them, some are unaware of them and some don't really want any more.

So another group of family birthdays are now behind us. Dennis turned one, Dylan turned nine and I turned over in bed and tried to ignore it.

This year there was no boat trip or fancy dress or crazy party, but that doesn't mean there won’t be any more in the future, God willing.

I chose a quiet day with just my son and family and a meal out. This was followed the next day by two rounds of crazy golf with a group of lively nine year-olds. If I wasn't crazy before the day I’d certainly have been crazy at the end of it.

Despite the quiet birthday, most days I have been surrounded by friends and family whose company I am always grateful for. I spent three days with my dearest sister, have had meals out with friends and enjoyed some quality time with special people. And ultimately people are all that matter.

The downside of this is once parted from the good company the isolation, loneliness and feelings of uncertainty become very evident, but then as my dear mother used to say, you have to say goodbye to people in order to look forward to seeing them the next time. Hopefully there will be many more next times to look forward to though as usual it's one day at a time sweet Jesus.

I do intend to look into cancelling any further birthdays however or finding a way to start counting backwards. Surely someone has to find a way in these times of advanced technology.

© Copyright 2017 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917338-Burpdays