*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917363-Be-grateful-for-what-you-have
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#917363 added August 12, 2017 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
Be grateful for what you have!
"A Spiritual Story:

Once there was a duck called Jack who lived in a small garden in a residential area in New York. He disliked it and decided to live on a lake with other ducks. So, Jack began to make a lot of noise to seek his owner, Mr. Grunt’s, attention, who was usually tired and irritated after a long day’s work. Sometimes noise was to the extent that Mr. Grunt used to throw his belongings out his bathroom window towards the duck. But Jack had made up his mind to leave that place and nothing could stop him now.

‘Jack must go to a park,’ thought Mr. Grunt one day and was taken in a large box by a car to the park. He was taken out and slowly put into the water to swim with the other ducks. ‘Quack! Quack!’ Jack was very happy. He swam to the left and then to the right of the lake. Then he turned around and went farther. Mr. Grunt watched him for a few minutes and then left with a heavy heart.

After two days, Jack started to miss Mr. Grunt. While swimming around with the other ducks he realized that he’d made a terrible mistake. They were all so noisy that to get any peace he had to hide in the reeds. He wanted to go home desperately and decided to pray to God.

Jack prayed and waited for a long time hoping his owner would come and take him back. Then one day God granted his wish and Mr. Grunt gave Jack a visit. As soon as he turned up, Jack was elated but his happiness lasted only a few minutes as Mr. Grunt hugged him twice and popped him back in the lake!

‘Quack!’ Jack flew out of the water and straight through the car window into his owner’s lap. So Mr. Grunt took him home, and Jack couldn't be more grateful to God.

Moral: The grass is always green on the other side. Most of us are like Jack, the noisy duck. We trouble others and take them for granted because of our own desires and expectations. Sometimes we need a new situation to realize the value of the one we are currently in. Problems seem big only when we are looking outside. But once we decide to look within, we can really find solutions. All we have in the end is the learning and gratitude towards God.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917363-Be-grateful-for-what-you-have