*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917699-Mi-caballo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#917699 added August 16, 2017 at 8:52pm
Restrictions: None
Mi caballo
Aug 11th breakfast at the hotel .. Paraqvaria has the mission of conquering its customers through the senses, combining the best blend of aromas, flavors, colors and music.

Open from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. a.m. 7 days a week and has a staff of chefs, waitstaff, baristas and harpers who ensure that that sitting at the table becomes a feast for your senses .

We’re taking a mid-day flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312741-d877688-Reviews-Urban_Suites_Re...
Breakfast is included and I’m told the coffee is amazing but not today. Change into casual clothes because we’re going horse back riding

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g312741-d11455406-Polo_Lesso...
Experience the thrill and speed of an Argentine polo game as you learn to play polo with professionals on a private half-day tour from Buenos Aires. Learn the rules of the game, then saddle up for two 45-minute lessons and master the basics of horse riding and hitting the ball. Best of all, there’s no experience necessary, so the whole family can take part.
You will depart from a central meeting point in Buenos Aires, then to the countryside where professional, bilingual instructors will welcome you to start the lesson.

Depending on the group, there will be a theoretical explanation about riding techniques and then it’s off to ride the horses. Once everyone has been secured and is ready, instructors will show how to hit the ball as well as many other necessary skills. They will also talk about the rules of the sport and finally, once everyone is ready, we will play a polo game.
The normal plan is to play on horseback up to two sessions lasting about 45 minutes each. Here, you will truly experience what it is to be a polo player and how fun the sport is. Instructors will be with you at all times, helping you and offering insight on the culture of polo in Argentina.

After a fun game of polo, you can relax and enjoy time in the Argentinian countryside, before heading back to Buenos Aires.
Showers and we’ll meet up in the lobby. I don’t know about you I’m ready for a good old fashion burger joint.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g312741-d4170372-Reviews-The_Burge...
Very good price , good atmosphere , and most importantly flavorful burgers . We decided to get the combo which included a draft beer , burger and fries . Two combos came to 400 pesos which is $23 US . Very fair price for a good meal for two in Palermo SOHO district .

And we’re off to a bit of nightlife
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g312741-d1427242-Reviews-JA_Lo_de_...
The best way to describe our night with JA! is that by the end of our tasting, the language gap between our party and the staff.Thank you to all the kind people of JA! who made this night incredible (including all of those outside of our tasting who simply wanted to make us feel like we were at home). I will be back and bringing new first-timers soon!


Woohoo! Day 11 of our South American Adventure....It has been espoused that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and this morning's breakie was quite the repast. The brochure claimed that it would be a feast for the senses, and it lived up to this hyperbole. I'm not normally a fruit eater, yet I could not resist the amazing, fresh offerings. They tasted, smelled, and looked so appealing. I confess, I stuffed myself.
          Thank goodness, I could just lounge on the flight to Buenos Aires, relax, and digest my over-indulgence. I'd been forewarned about this afternoon's strenuous activities.
         Hey, no visits to gorgeous beaches today. Here in Argentina, the game of polo is akin to the Canadian obsession with hockey. So, while in the neighbourhood.... Yes, we were shepherded to a polo ranch. I was a gringo, and a green horn rolled into one.
         I was in open-mouthed awe at my first sight of the horses. They are magnificent, and large. I was not the picture of agility, or grace as I struggled to mount my steed. He was so patient, and accepting of my clumsiness. I don't believe I could've managed a snobby, condescending horse who snickered at me. I don't know about sitting tall in the saddle, but I sat, and squirmed. I definitely did not have a "great seat". The instructor was probably a typical Spanish flatterer.
         I must admit that it was exhilarating to remain in my saddle. I now know to say "mi caballo", or my horse. I briefly considered adopting him, but my luggage is not that roomy. I even managed to hang on, okay, clutch/grasp desperately, as we galloped, or "gallopando".
         I attempted to play polo. I was hesitant to strike at the ball. I feared whacking my mount, or the other horses. There was lots of laughter, and dare I say, high spirits.
         Huh, supper was burgers at The Burger Joint. This seemed to be an American restaurant name .They were tasty, and they satisfied my hunger. I liked the graffiti on the walls.
         What to do after a day spent running around outdoors? Why visit Ja!, and sip on wines. The vintages were spectacular as was the company. It was the perfect way to enjoy the moment, and cap off a fantastic day. The camaraderie lifted my spirits, and encouraged a mellowness. Some may call it drunkenness....



© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917699-Mi-caballo