*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917804-Mesmerizing-Montevideo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#917804 added August 18, 2017 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
Mesmerizing Montevideo
August 15th Good Morning
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294323-d11452291-Montevideo...
Get an introduction to Montevideo, the capital city of Uruguay, on a 3-hour city sightseeing tour — perfect for those short on time. Travel by coach with your knowledgeable guide, and step off the bus to view prominent landmarks around Independence Plaza and other city hot spots. See Parliament Palace; venture into the residential barrios of Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos; and stroll along the coastal avenue, Rambla of Montevideo. Round-trip hotel transport included.
Get acquainted with Montevideo’s architectural landmarks, neighborhoods and coastal views on this insightful 3-hour guided tour of the capital. Board your coach upon hotel pickup for the drive to Independence Plaza (Plaza Independencia), which divides Montevideo’s Old Town and downtown.
Your guide points out the monument to José Artigas, Uruguay's great military leader and national hero, and leads you on a walk around the plaza. Admire the Italian Gothic–style architecture of the Palacio Salvo (Palacio Legislativo), whose 26 stories once made it South America tallest building. View Puerta de la Ciudadela, one of the few remaining parts of the city wall that once surrounded colonial Montevideo.
Back aboard the bus, head to the barrio of El Prado, home to three soccer stadiums and Prado Park. Listen to your guide’s commentary as your city tour continues to elegant Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos, traveling along La Rambla de Montevideo. Get out to stroll a section of this beachside promenade where you can browse local shops and enjoy lovely coastal views from Punta Gorda before the return drive to your hotel.
A quiet afternoon at the hotel before our late night
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294323-d11452294-Montevideo...
Highlights
Uruguayan dinner and tango show in Montevideo
Watch some of South America's best tango dancers perform on stage
Try traditional Uruguayan food, such as barbequed meat, during dinner
See dancers perform milonga and candombe – both traditional Uruguayan dances Enjoy a night of extraordinary entertainment in Montevideo at a traditional tango dinner show. After making your way to the tango hall, you're greeted by professional waitstaff who lead you to your table, located near the stage for optimal viewing while you dine.
During the performance, see exceptional dancers and live musicians perform tango and other types of folkloric dances of Uruguay. Be mesmerized by the milonga, a style of dance related to tango, and marvel at candombe — a complex dance descended from African slaves in South America.
You’re served a variety of authentic Uruguayan dishes for dinner, including barbecued meat, accompanied by wine, soda or juice. Top off you meal and evening entertainment with delicious flan and dulce de leche (creamy caramel)!
         I thoroughly enjoyed touring bustling Montevideo with such a justifiably proud guide. She made her city come alive.
         All five of my senses were treated to the fantastic spectacle at the Montevideo Dinner and Tango show this evening. We were seated next to the action stage-side. The dancers are so vital and talented. Their dancing is smooth and sensual. How do the young women manage to step and twirl in their high heels? Their balance and grace is herculean. They all move with such confidence. I envy them. Though seated, my toes tapped and my hips swayed to the enticing musica. It is seductive and irresistible.
         I have always believed the tango to be dramatic. The milonga and candombe showed their African influences with more free-flowing movements. My eyes and ears feasted on this dance spectacle.
         Oh, the meal appealed to my taste buds and palate. Dessert of dulce de leche satisfied my sweet tooth without fortifying my hips.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917804-Mesmerizing-Montevideo