*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918304-Mareya-and-the-Fire-addition---Undying
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2088946
A folder for my writing August 2017 & July 2016
#918304 added August 23, 2017 at 7:31pm
Restrictions: None
Mareya and the Fire addition - Undying
I was tagged by papadoc1 of WW and I am tagging Beacon's Light of Greyjoy
780 Words



“Smelling like what woman?” Leah was taken aback. “I certainly think it wasn’t me, Brianna. I don’t smell like anything. I don’t use any perfumes either. I have allergies.” She turned to Bart. “Bart, the ball’s in your court. Why were you smelling like another woman?”

“It’s all in her head,” said Bart.

“You neither have a head nor eyes to see my head,” said Brianna. Then she glared at Leah, “Do you see how he returns the ball to my court all the time?”

“What did you mean by that? That I twist things to my advantage? My advantage? Do I have any? If it were so, that would be a compliment. Wouldn’t it?”

“I’ve had it with this!” Brianna stood up. “Bart, let’s face it. You and I are not compatible. Not anymore. And Leah," She glared at Leah again, “I don’t have to take this….this…this dealing with feelings…”

“Brianna, please sit down,” said Leah. “If you stop now it will get tougher. It is true, a marriage is rough and tough, and you have to deal with feelings, but if you don’t, you’ll have to deal with lawyers.”

Brianna sat down immediately. “Good Girl! Sit!” Bart said.

“Shut up, Bart! I’m not your dog.”

“I didn’t say dog. You did!” Bart snickered.

“I believe we are having anger issues on top of grief issues here. In other words, let’s try to deal with these issues, instead of taking the easy road. Just bear with me a minute until I have my say.” She looked at Brianna then at Bart whose heads were turned toward opposite directions from each other. “Now Brianna, Bart. I want you to look at each other really carefully. NOW!”

Brianna rolled her eyes and Bart harrumphed, but they did as Leah said. “Now, you both tell each other something true about the other person.” Leah made a note on the pad she was holding on her lap.

“Who is the other person?” Brianna’s eyes narrowed into slits.

“She means you and me,” Bart said.

“Thank you for the translation!” Brianna mocked.

“People! People! Let’s get down to business here. Brianna, say something about Bart that is nice and true.”

Brianna made a face. “Two anniversaries ago, before Mareya…” she shook her head to contain herself from sobbing because she hated to show Leah that she was a mess. Even with her allergies and all, Leah still felt like the other woman. So, Brianna pulled herself together and continued. “I covered our bed in yellow rose petals. That is the nice part.”

“How very romantic! And true!” Leah smiled. All her hard work was beginning to bear fruit.

“I didn’t get to the true part yet,“ said Brianna.

“And what might that be?”

“Oh! No!” Bart grumbled, and Leah wrote down a few more notes.

Brianna smirked. “Bart thought they were potato chips.”

“Well, you should have told me."

“You couldn’t even smell the roses?”

“I smelled enough roses in my life. I don’t have a sniffing condition like you do.”

“Of course not. You can only smell Vicks!”

“Now, Now!” Leah, trying to commandeer the situation, pointed to Bart with her pen.

“Bart, tell Leah what you think of her. Make it nice and true. But face her and say it sincerely.”

Bart gazed at Brianna carefully. Brianna shook her head.

“Brianna, why did you shake your head?” Leah asked in a cautioning tone

“Because I can sense what’s coming.”

“Relax, Brianna! I bet it will be good.” Leah felt so accomplished in stroking egos. “Go ahead, Bart.”

“This is very true, Brianna," said Bart in a serious tone, "in our life together, I couldn’t have maneuvered on all the complex roads…without you.”

Leah was congratulating herself inwardly. A term of endearment! She had broken through!

Brianna squinted at him. “Just what did you mean by that?”

“It is the directions you give. You outdo the GPS!” Bart snorted.

Exasperated, Leah stood up. “Our session is over. Next week, you both will be here again, I expect. A colleague of mine will be taking over. “

“What’s his name?’ Bart asked.

“Does it occur to you it might be a her?” Brianna squeaked.

“It is not important,” said Leah. “I don’t have a name, yet. And I will mail you my last bill within a day. It will be a bit…bit more than usual Bart, as it was the two of you this session.”

“How come he gets a cut and I don’t?” Brianna wore her annoyance on her face again. “And what did you keep writing on that pad?”

Leah held the pad for Brianna to see. It was full of doodles.



© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918304-Mareya-and-the-Fire-addition---Undying