*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918272-On-A-Peek-at-GoT--Funny-Got-Related-Article-10-BW
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2088946
A folder for my writing August 2017 & July 2016
#918272 added August 23, 2017 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
On "A Peek at G.o.T" (Funny Got Related Article #10) B&W
409 words altogether
poem alone: 82 words
article: 327 words

House Florent Image for G.o.T.


Pome, Rather Than Poem


A Peek at GoT

the region is rocky
with storms and marsh
and do not think
the forests aren't harsh

ask if you don’t believe me
the guy slave, Charlie
the one who chucks chuckles,
'en garde!' on the review spree

then Kittee hauls buckets
as a carrier but buckles
as too many eager beavers
bite their knuckles

at the Crownlands
is the iron throne
where reigns the Realm’s keeper
with whom my hubby will pick a bone

By Anonymous

People may not be aware of this, but Anonymous sent me the above poem. I don’t know if that thing could be called a poem. A pome would be a better title for what Anonymous did, for from pomes, one can only bake a fruitcake with a few additions of nuts.

Inside this “pome” is a stream of information with manufactured scarcity. To begin with, the structure limits the total number of the aides to the Keeper of the Realm.

As the universe has decreed, there are many other hard-working helpers out there on the G.o.T land. Then, each quatrain in the “pome” is a block that only points to its writer as a blockhead. This holds true since the writer of the “pome” would flunk at cryptography because she--I believe Anonymous is a she, no offense, ladies! Don’t march against me!—cannot maintain her integrity even on the blockhead chain.

For the best way to show one’s incompetence in handling the game this “pome” is referring to is to claim a built-in difficulty setting. This has already been done by the Keeper of the Realm who is an ingenious gameplay mechanic. Her wheelings and dealings are so complicated that the gamers who are used to drive their cars on straight roads end up parking them on rooftops. One good thing is the fact that producing terrible material is all-encompassing, be it for car-drivers or writers of “pomes.”

In addition, because the wires that connect eyes, brain, and fingers become chewed by the invisible rats of strategy or better said, age, one can’t say that the writer of the “pome” has accomplished too many gaming feats. As has been pointed out earlier in this article, this fact has to do with a fruitcake and blockhead. Still, the writer solved the riddle of how to dare invite, single-handedly, entire squads in a deathmatch. In that, one could argue that there’s no skill required.



================

Prompt: Anonymous has sent in a poem to you directly - what that poem is, is up to you - and asks you to share that poem and your speculation of it in your next article.




© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918272-On-A-Peek-at-GoT--Funny-Got-Related-Article-10-BW