*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918401-La-Paz-Bolivia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#918401 added August 25, 2017 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
La Paz, Bolivia
August 24

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294072-d10623167-Reviews-Atix_Hotel-La...

Lunch at:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294072-d11924875-Reviews-Berlusca...

and then we’re going to an art museum, we haven’t been to one in a while
remember no wandering off, it’s dangerous.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294072-d318835-Reviews-National_M...

Bar life is limited but I did find a Hard Rock Café
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294072-d4079348-Reviews-Hard_Rock...
         Day 24 finds us in La Paz, Bolivia. This capital city was once known as Nuestra Senora de la Paz in Spanish, or Our Lady of Peace. Apparently, it is the highest capital city in the world with an elevation of about 11,975 feet above sea level. Overlooking this area is Illimani, the guardian of La Paz, a towering, snow-capped, triple peak. This is also home to both the longest and highest urban cable car network.
         Lyn's a Witchy Woman has booked us into another fantastic hotel, she does have a knack. This one is the Alix Hotel with a 4.5 star rating. I only have time to notice lovely artwork and framed photos on the walls before we are whisked away to lunch.
         This is my favourite kind of meal and I cannot object. Berlusca specializes in Italian food, and I order the soup, pasta, and dessert meal. Any type, will be delicious. I like all soups and pastas. We relax in the courtyard and sip wine.
          Sated and needing some exercise to burn calories, we perused the Museo Nacional de Arte. This edifice features carved stone columns and an alabaster fountain. There certainly was plenty of cultural, historical, and religious artwork to view.
          Out and about I noticed a rather odd and unique thing. I swear I saw zebras at busy intersections! The "cebritas' are young people dressed in zebra costumes who are paid to educate pedestrians and drivers, plus assist school children, the elderly, and the disabled to cross the bustling streets of La Paz. It's a very popular incentive. It was created to deal with the nonstop vehicular traffic. Even turistas can apply to be a zebra for a day and experience this public works initiative. They have no policing authority, but they are highly visible. In 2016, this zebra idea won the Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation. If I was A la Paz driver, I think I would pay attention to a black and white striped creature directing traffic.
          Supper was spent at the Hard Rock Café. It appears to be a tourist hangout.
         I couldn't wait to return to the Alix for a swim in the magnificent rooftop pool with its 360-degree views of the Andes mountains through its floor to ceiling glass walls.I was floating on top of the world surrounded by breathtaking scenery.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918401-La-Paz-Bolivia