*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918501-Peru
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#918501 added August 26, 2017 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
Peru
August 26, Yup I’m spending my 61st birthday with you in an airport waiting for the weather to clear so we can fly.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294318-d309716-Reviews-Belmond_Sanctua...
Yes, we’re going to a Sanctuary Yes, it is very expensive but early in the morning we get to go directly to the Citadel. Plus the hotel treats you really well. They arranged the bus back down for us and made sure our suitcase was taken care of on both sides of the trip. It's a once in a lifetime experience so why not splurge if you can. Also, the meals and grounds (gardens) were wonderful and the pisco lesson was an excellent time. One other bonus -- we were able to hike Huayana Picchu (the 7am entrance) come back, shower and breakfast.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294318-d668949-Reviews-Machu_Picc...
dinner is at our hotel, You can join everyone in the restaurant or have room service. Me, I'm going to have a piece of cake and a cup of coffee.




The link above is Machu Piccu Decoded by ajvaughan3 the History channel. It is a documentary about Machu Piccu.

Machu Piccu seems to have existed as a city for approximately 100 years. Archeological discovery of the site has been moving forward over many years.

Machu Piccu is so isolated. Over the years, it has been considered a religious city, or a royal city. The stone built homes are built with clear cut stone. The stones are so well cut they require no mortar in the joints. The city has running water to the homes and pools of clear running water throughout it. Archeologist believe it was built by the Incas. Like some other South American ruins it seems to have been abandoned in extreme suddenness.

Machu Piccu has some symbols built into the stone. It seems to have many temples. One depicts the sun. Another has a stone symbol of a giant condor built into the floor. However, the people did not leave behind carvings or writings that tell anything about the people who lived there or their customs. The Incas did use a string system of tying knots as a counting mechanism.

What a wonderful place to live. Except for the bugs and insects of the jungles that like to eat and burrow into human flesh.

I don't think I want to imbibe with Pisco. It sounds like an interesting drink made with lime or ice cream. When I went looking for the information about Pisco Lessons I found a 130 year old history of war between Peru and Chili. The war is over the boundary between the two countries. It extends into how to make a drink with Pisco. Each country has their own recipe and they are very different.

I could spend a whole week or more just in the Belmont sanctuary Lodge. Not only is it beautiful but, the views are to great to describe accurately. I'm used to eating a large main meal at noon. So, I will retire to my balcony off my room and drink a cup of tea with some fruit and a little cheese. So, much walking and climbing today I will feel better if I don't eat a heavy meal. I will read for awhile before I shower and turn in. It is a beautiful place to rest without sleep.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd Place in the May 2017  [Link To Item #30dbc] ! *FlowerR*


© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918501-Peru