*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918750-Motivational-Monday-Pain-and-Growth-Racing-My-Mouse
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#918750 added August 28, 2017 at 1:30pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Pain and Growth, Racing My Mouse
Monday, August 28, 2017


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1260
“When we protect ourselves so we won't feel pain, that protection becomes like an armor that imprisons the softness of the heart.” Pema Chödrön, When Things Fall Apart What is your take on this quote?

Pain and Growth

If we protect ourselves from feeling pain, we also prevent ourselves from growth. People who come into our lives, come in because they are opportunities for growth. Armor has two purposes, the first is protection, and the second is imprisonment. Wearing the armor for a short time, but after the first few days, weeks, or months then it becomes a prison. By making the armor a prison we lose the growth that comes along with pain. Eventually, we have to deal with the pain so that our souls can grow.


One thing we have to remember, which is sometime difficult, is that the majority--if not all--of people who come into our lives are there for one of two reasons. First, they have came into our lives to help grow spiritually and emotionally. Second, we have entered their life because we can help them grow. Whichever reason it is, it means that one or both of us will experience some sort of pain inducing test that will lead to our/their growth as a human being.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1747
August 28 is Race Your Mouse Day, but no one is sure what type of mouse we're supposed to race today. Write a story or poem about racing a mouse of some type. http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/August/raceyourmouse.htm.

Racing My Mouse

Sometimes,
I feel like a racing mouse
running around all over town,
or through an internet maze.


My mouse
sets beside my keyboard waiting,
eternally waiting,
for me to put it into action
Googling a definition,
or the location
of the nearest fast food restaurant,
or auto parts store.

My mouse enjoys
racing through the haze
of the internet maze,
it likes performing the job
that its creator intended.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918750-Motivational-Monday-Pain-and-Growth-Racing-My-Mouse