*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919583-Colombian-Caffeine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#919583 added September 7, 2017 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
Colombian Caffeine
August 31, This is going to be a long day so please be sure to have your luggage packed because it is being shipped to the airport by courier. We're off for our tour at 8:00am
Most of you know my addiction is coffee. I couldn't go to South America without checking out a coffee plantation.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294074-d11451920-Colombian_...

Savor the world-famous coffee of Colombia, and learn about how it’s grown and made, on this 6-hour day trip to an authentic coffee plantation outside Bogotá. Head to the town of Fusagasugá, site of the Hacienda Coloma Coffee Plantation, with your guide, where you’ll get a first-hand look at the coffee-making process, sample the latest roasts and learn about the history of coffee. Your coffee tour also includes roundtrip transportation from your Bogotá hotel, lunch and all entrance fees.
Juan Valdez, eat your heart out. Caffeine lovers everywhere are sure to enjoy this insider visit to an authentic Colombian coffee plantation, offering the perfect opportunity to sample the local brews while learning about the drink’s origins and creation.

Start your tour with pickup at your Bogotá at 8am, heading out for the 1.5-hour drive to the small town of Fusagasugá just southwest of the capital. Soon you arrive at the Hacienda, situated in a picturesque location among the verdant hills of the Colombian countryside.

Take a tour of the Hacienda with your guide, who will provide details of the coffee-making process and the origins of this remarkable drink. You’ll also have the opportunity to see the coffee trees up close and sample of few varieties of the plantation’s own crop.

At the end of your visit to the plantation, continue on to a nearby market square for lunch, where you can sample a number of exotic fruits, before returning to Bogotá for drop-off at your hotel.
Juan Valdez, eat your heart out. Caffeine lovers everywhere are sure to enjoy this insider visit to an authentic Colombian coffee plantation, offering the perfect opportunity to sample the local brews while learning about the drink’s origins and creation.

         One final group tour in South America, and we spent it at a coffee plantation in Fusagasuga, Colombia. Yes, today, we explored the Hacienda Coloma Coffee Plantation . I like and drink this aromatic beverage, so this was a learning experience.
         I remember thinking my hubby would like to see the WWII -era Willy's jeeps used as everyday drivers by the "cafeteros".
         My first impression was that this property had lovely, lush gardens.
         After today's tour I have a new found respect for these farmers. Growing, harvesting, and packaging coffee is a hands-on business that requires craftsmanship and patience. It's a finite process from start to finish. Our guide explained that it takes about 1700 coffee cherries to create a one-pound, or 453 gram package of coffee. Whew! I picked some of those coffee "cherries", maybe a handful. I cannot fathom collecting 1700 of them.
         The post harvest process, or "beneficio" involves drying, roasting, and packing. Each step is precise. Years ago, Colombian coffee plantation owners banded together to maximize production of their product. They exercise strict quality control standards.
         There are differing stories as to coffee's origin in Colombia. Some believe it was brought to the area by a Jesuit priest in 1730. No matter who first cultivated it, coffee has become quite the export.
         My sample cup of fresh brew was divine. I gave high praise to the beneficent coffee gods.
         SIGH..... We all flew back to Miami 'cause our trip was at its end. My head is still swirling with so many memories. Apondia , BlueMoon , and Lyn's a Witchy Woman thanks for the incomparable company! Despite all the dire travel advisories, we all survived unscathed. Until next August, I bid you adieu.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919583-Colombian-Caffeine