*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920173-Usually-Pressure-is-Self-Inflicted
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920173 added September 11, 2017 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
Usually Pressure is Self-Inflicted
Motivational Monday! Musician Moby , born on this day in 1965, has said "I've worked with all sorts of random people [...] It's interesting- I work with a lot of these disparate, different people to learn what it's like to work with random people." Have you ever worked with someone else on a writing or other creative project? How'd that go? Did you learn anything in the process that you've been able to carry over into working solo? And if you've never worked with anyone else before, why not?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
No, I have never worked with a partner on a writing project. It's not something I've ever though of doing. A few long distance relatives suggested a joint writing effort, but it never materialized. The intention was to submit alternate chapters to each other via e-mail. The idea fizzled before it began.
          For creative endeavours, yes, I've collaborated with others. Most of these projects happened while I was an active Girl Guide leader. My fellow Guiders and I planned recreational activities, camps, craft sessions, hikes, and more. We had to create menus, shop for food, assign cooking and clean-up duties, initiate a theme and accompanying arts and crafts, convince others to volunteer, arrange guest experts, erect tents, consider campfire ideas, and so on. To do all this, we attended several planning sessions before an event. We made sample crafts. At the special event, we all worked as a team. Most of us had several "official" duties.
         Not everything went as anticipated all the time. People get ill, or face emergencies, so they cannot be present in person each and every time we planned something. Weather did not always cooperate, and we had to improvise. Supplies may be forgotten at home. Sometimes, a guest missed the date.
         We learned to be flexible. We abandoned the pretense of perfection. Our main expectation was to have fun.
         Did I learn anything at all from this experience? Maybe... Plans are not etched in stone, and irrevocable. Structure re timing and expected outcomes, can bend. Plan B is often better than the original plan. Creativity cannot always be harnessed, or directed. Usually pressure is self-inflicted. Partners are often forgiving and patient.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920173-Usually-Pressure-is-Self-Inflicted