*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920897-September-25th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920897 added September 25, 2017 at 6:04pm
Restrictions: None
September 25th
Motivational Monday! Author William Faulkner , born on this day in 1897, once said "Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." I often try to give people similar advice when they start comparing their work to some of their friends here at WDC...how important is it to you to be aware of what your contemporaries are up to or how they've fared recently when crafting your own items?
         
         
         
         
         
         I believe and hope that I strive to improve my writing. I want to attempt new things, and not just write the same old same old. I don't think I've ever thought to compare myself to others.
         I'm aware of the vast, talented writing here at WDC. I read it. Sometimes, I even stop to critique it.
         No, it's not important to me. I prefer to write blissfully unaware of what others are doing. I suppose I do not wish to be affected, or copy other writing. I don't want to rewrite, or rehash other ideas. I wish success for my fellow writers.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920897-September-25th