*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921510-King-Dhritarashtra
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#921510 added October 5, 2017 at 12:59am
Restrictions: None
King Dhritarashtra
Dhritarashtra said: “On the holy plain of Kurukshetra (Dharmakshetra Kurukshetra), when my offspring and the sons of Pandu had gathered together, eager for battle, what did they, O Sanjaya!”
- Bhagawad Git 1:1
“The blind King Dhritarashtra symbolically represents the sense-mind. The mind is said to be blind because it cannot see without the help of the senses and intelligence; it merely receives the impressions from the senses and relays the conclusions and instructions of the intelligence…

"For the aspiring devotee, Sanjaya represents the power of impartial intuitive self-analysis, discerning introspection. It is the ability to stand aside observe oneself without any prejudice, and judge accurately… The Gita is referring, only incidentally to a historical battle on the plain of Kurukeshetra in northern India Primarily, Vyasa is describing a universal battle --- the one that rages daily in man’s life…
“The earnest enquiry by the blind King Dhritarashtra, seeking an unbiased report from the impartial Sanjaya as to how fared the battle between the Kurus and Pandavas (sons of Panda) at Kurukshetra, is metaphorically the question to be asked by the spiritual aspirant as he reviews daily the events of his own righteous battle from which he seeks the victory of Self-realisation. Through honest introspection the analyzes the deeds and assesses the strength of the opposing armies of his good and bad tendencies: self-control versus sense indulgence, discriminative intelligence opposed by mental sense inclinations, spiritual resolve in meditation contested by mental resistance and physical restlessness, and divine soul-consciousness against the ignorance and magnetic attraction of the lower ego-nature.”

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921510-King-Dhritarashtra