*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921599-October-Mini-Challenge---Week-1-Day-4
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#921599 added October 6, 2017 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
October Mini-Challenge - Week 1, Day 4
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Everyone loves a good bonfire, right? And fall is the perfect time to sit by the fire with some friends...tell us a good campfire story!

A Walk in The Woods

It was on the night of the full moon, when three friends decided to take an autumn walk in the woods. They had walked in these woods before, but in daylight. On this night, the wind moaning through the trees sounded like a chorus of ghosts singing praises to Halloween. The limbs of the Oak and Adler reached out to grab them as they walked past. All around them, the shadows pooled into puddles of darkness. Despite the spiders crawling up their spines, they pushed on until they came to a fork in the trail.



"Which way shall we go," said Marshall, the oldest of the three.

"I don't know," whispered Fredie, who was twenty-four and three years younger than Marshall.

"We should take the right fork," Alicia batted her eyes at Marshall.

"Why?" The two men ask in unison.

"My Papa always said when in doubt take the right path."

"Alicia," Marshall frowned, "your father was a preacher, so a pretty sure he wasn't talking about forest trails." At that moment, the moon came out from behind a cloud, and revealed the condition of both forks. "The right fork looks like it has more traffic, but the left fork goes northeast. It should take us out of the forest in an hour or two."

"Alright," mumbled Alicia, "but don't say I didn't warn you."

As they pushed onward, they heard noises behind them. The noises sounded like leaves rustling under the weight of a large creature. Fredie looked back, and found that the trail was blocked by an ancient oak tree. "Uh..." goose bumps rose on his arms. "Marshall, we have a problems."

Alicia screamed. Fredie turned around to see what was wrong.

"A tree grabbed Marshall!"

"You're imaging things, Alicia. Trees don't grab people."

A cackling laughter echoed through the forest. An oak tree limb pulled Fredie into a gaping hole in its trunk.

Three days later, Alicia wandered out of the forest dragging an oak limb behind her. "The tees ate them," she cried. "The oak trees ate Marshall and Fredie!"


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921599-October-Mini-Challenge---Week-1-Day-4