*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921827-October-9th-2017---Definitions-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2134227
Think Sue Grafton meets Murder, She Wrote. Then add Science Fiction to it.
#921827 added October 9, 2017 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
October 9th, 2017 - Definitions List
Oct. 09: - Definitions List ▼

(1) Create a list of definitions (see below) in a format easy to edit and expand.
(2) Optional: Brainstorm and describe an object critical to the plot. Add to definitions list.

In your definitions list, you'll flesh out details that you'll want to remember later for consistency. You won't have to dig through pages of scribbled notes to find whatever you decided about these definitions - they will all be compiled into a neat list / binder / database / note cards / whatever your favorite form of organization happens to be.

Example definitions for the Harry Potter series:
rules of magic
the Ministry of Magic
modes of transportation (apparition, Floo network, portkeys, flying, etc.)
the four Houses at Hogwarts
the sword of Gryffindor (note: this would also make a good plot background story)

Non-speculative examples requiring definitions:
a fictional student organization to which your protagonist belongs
the fictional company or division of the FBI for whom your protagonist works
the disease afflicting your protagonist, which is a real condition you need to research
the antique artifact your protagonist intends to heist

NOTE: You will have opportunities to revise the list throughout October, so this revision is not expected to be fully accurate or complete.


(1) Create a list of definitions (see below) in a format easy to edit and expand.

The Pilot Fighter Training Center (Training Rooms, Student Sleepers, Pilot Fighter Chambers)
Pilot Fighters (Interior and Exterior of the Pilot Fighters)
Villiam and Gracea’s Family Spaceship (Control Room, Their Sleeping Quarters, Engine Room, Health Room, Corridors, and the Weapons Room)


(2) Optional: Brainstorm and describe an object critical to the plot. Add to definitions list.

Villiam’s Personal Weapon. It was the weapon that was used to kill Ovven. That’s one of the reasons why everyone believe that he’s the killer. The first thing that Gracea needs to do is figure out how the real killer got his weapon. Once she does that she will find who killed Ovven, and why they did it.


© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921827-October-9th-2017---Definitions-List