*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921842-October-10th-2017---Rising-Action--Trial
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2134227
Think Sue Grafton meets Murder, She Wrote. Then add Science Fiction to it.
#921842 added October 10, 2017 at 3:54am
Restrictions: None
October 10th, 2017 - Rising Action: Trial
Oct. 10: - Rising Action: Trial ▼

(1) Complications. Brainstorm additional things that could go wrong for your protagonist. You are not required to resolve any problems yet, just create them. Remember: The more hardships your main character faces, the more readers will cheer them on!
(2) Identify allies and enemies encountered along the journey and describe how they help or hinder your protagonist(s). Add any new characters to your character list.

*** NEED DISASTERS? See the Plot Twists generator at the bottom of the calendar.


(1) Complications. Brainstorm additional things that could go wrong for your protagonist. You are not required to resolve any problems yet, just create them. Remember: The more hardships your main character faces, the more readers will cheer them on!

Isn’t being set up for the death of Ovven bad enough? Now you want more complications. Okay, so I will give you a few. But it’s going to need to be times two. Both Villiam and Gracea have complications. Villiam because of the death of Ovven and what happens after that. Gracea because of her going after the real killer of Ovven.

After the death of Ovven, Villiam is detained as his killer. The only reason he’s released is that it’s the law on that planet. But they are keeping their eyes on him until his detainment is permanent aka he’s found Guilty of Death. While he’s detained, he’s suspended from his training. Even after he’s released, starting back with his training is hard to do. And even after he returns it’s hard. Not only does he need to catch up with the others in training, the Instructors and the other trainers are a big problem for him.

Gracea’s complications revolve around her finding the real killer of Ovven. The closer she gets to the truth, the worse it gets. Especially, when the real killer starts fighting back. First, it’s through trickery. Then it’s with threats of death. When that doesn’t happen, that’s when it gets really complicated.


(2) Identify allies and enemies encountered along the journey and describe how they help or hinder your protagonist(s). Add any new characters to your character list.

Villiam and Gracea were making a few friends while at that training center. And they still might be allies. But after the death of Ovven, even that’s in question. As for enemies, almost everyone becomes one because of Ovven’s death. Villiam because most of them think that he did kill Ovven. And Gracea because of her determination of finding someone else besides Villiam to blame for it. Even if she has to do it even though he’s Guilty of Death.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921842-October-10th-2017---Rising-Action--Trial