*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922422
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Supernatural · #2138250
Life is not a fairytale. It's like a nightmare & for immortals it can be fucking endless.
#922422 added October 19, 2017 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Sixteen – Hurricane
As I head back to my room to clear my head and get ready for tonight’s party, I say her name over and over in my head and hear her words… “If my father knew all the dirty things you want to do to me he’d kill you. If you every touch me again. I’ll save him the trouble and do it myself.”

Raelynne. Just her name gives me shivers. The sound of her voice makes my heart race and I could lose myself in her eyes forever. How can one woman so completely undo me? Does she not feel the same things I do? The trail of electricity where our skin touches and the fire when we kissed. Did I miss read her last night?

All I know is after I left Black Sheep last night, I wasn’t sure I would ever see her again yet, all I have thought about is finding her. How can I make her understand I didn’t leave her on purpose? I was taken back by her coldness after we met. Of course, I can’t blame her. I did leave last night without saying goodbye or giving her anyway to contact me.

Then seeing her at the pond, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I’m not proud that I spied on her. I just couldn’t take my eyes off her. She enchanted me with her beauty. I’m not proud of those moments but I will forever hold the memory.

Even after knowing who she was and that there would most likely be no way we could ever be together, I at least hoped we could meet formally and maybe be friends. I never expected her to laugh in my face and be so cold. But I kept getting mixed signals from her when the men and I started sparring. We both couldn’t keep our eyes off each other. I tried not to be obvious that I was looking at her. The last thing I wanted was for Mr. Wallace to know I was enamored with his daughter.

Several times I had to pass a groan off as a grunt and on more than one occasion I had to shake my head several times to clear my head. Every once in a while, the sun would be behind her and I could see the silhouette of her body through the cotton dress or she would bend over to speak with someone and I could see straight down her gown.

I was surprised to see the huge hickey on her shoulder and a few on her breasts as well. I didn’t realize I had been that rough last night but I can’t help but smile knowing I put those there. If by some small miracle I ever get the chance to be with her again, I will have to be sure to be gentler with her.

After Porter asked us to switch up and I was paired with Winston, I remembered what he had done this morning. I told him that if he ever touched her inappropriately again, I would kill him. Then just an hour or so later, I caught him looking down her dress. I lost it. I don’t know where this overwhelming sense of possessiveness and jealousy is coming from. I have no right to feel that way especially since I know she is in a relationship already. I’ll have to do some digging. I want to find out who this Griff guy is and why he made her cry.

Regardless, I never expected Winston and me to get into it so feverishly. What I expected even less was for her to be the one to pull us apart. I can’t believe the one person I’m here to protect, I almost hit. She definitely put me in my place though. I never expected her to flip me and put me on my ass. I enjoyed the feel of her body pressed against mine and I know she deliberately ground her hips against my groin just to make a point. My point. Licking my neck was a reminder of what could have been before she shattered me with her words.

I think what surprised me the most was her shifting into her wolf form. I knew how beautiful her wolf was from this morning but I have to admit for a wolf so small she scared me shitless and I don’t scare easy. I knew she was angry and there was nothing I could do but lay there, take it and hope she didn’t rip my throat out.

As I reach my room, I am now more determined to at least say my peace to her tonight. Explain why I left without saying goodbye, then see where it goes from there.
© Copyright 2017 Lyrae Duff-Holmes (UN: lyrae31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lyrae Duff-Holmes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922422