*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922877-Winters-Knocking-at-The-Door
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#922877 added October 29, 2017 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
Winter's Knocking at The Door
Well, it's been almost a week since my last entry; just busy, nothing wrong. I do need to work on getting in here more, however. Over the last week we have seen some crazy weather, from highs in the sixties to snow and ice, from mild winds to gusts over fifty miles per hour, a little bit of everything.

Once again, the weather did not cooperate with days off to get any fun activities in, too windy for disc golf and kayaking, as well as too cold. Yesterday on my way to work, I seen there was a bit of ice forming on the shallower bodies of water. Not looking very good for getting the kayaks out anymore this season, but may still get some disc golf in, if the weather ever decides to cooperate on out days off.

Of course, this week we have a guy on vacation, so Rhonda and I will not get any days off together and both be putting in a bit longer work week. After he gets back from his week off, we need to schedule a Saturday off for a road trip to see a friend and help him celebrate his sixtieth birthday. We are also hoping to make a round trip through Minnesota visiting relatives in various parts of the state. I see from friends posts in Facebook, they already have a pretty good amount of snow in the northern part of the state, so we are hoping to get some good weather for this long road trip.

We have been busy getting ready for winter, both outside and in. We have new tires on the front of the Jimmy and will put new tires on the back in a few weeks. I still need to do a tune-up on my Dodge and change oil. Lawn and garden ornaments are put away till spring, the pond is drained, and once the leaves are about done falling, we should mow the grass one last time.

I also, to my pleasure, have learned that the store that we work at will be going to winter hours in another week. That means they will be closing an hour earlier. Working nights, this is great news, I get done an hour earlier. Also, yard traffic has begun to slow down, making my job easier and less time on my feet. Soon, I should be able to get some reading done at work again.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922877-Winters-Knocking-at-The-Door