*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923381-Gun-Control-During-Times-of-Mass-Murder
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Entertainment · #2091196
The fun, the frustrating and the unbelievable-- Living in the Nation's Capitol
#923381 added November 6, 2017 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Gun Control During Times of Mass-Murder
Less than 14 hours after the shooting that killed 26 in a Baptist church in Texas, Donald Trump said, “We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries, but this isn't a "guns" situation." I think that mental health is your problem here.” Governor Abbott said, “May God comfort those who’ve lost a loved one, and may God heal the hurt in our community.” And finally, the Sheriff praised the armed Texas citizen who grabbed his rifle and engaged the suspect. “Thank God for that hero,” said the local law enforcement officer. That completes the mass-murder hat-trick: 1) blame the incident on mental health; 2) defer gun-control dialogue to prayer; and 3) promote guns for all by asserting the right to defend oneself. And for the icing on the cake, the shooter used the NRA identified weapon of the month, an AR-15.

© Copyright 2017 Michael Jay Aitch (UN: ghostly_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Jay Aitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923381-Gun-Control-During-Times-of-Mass-Murder