*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923442-Making-Sense-of-the-World-and-Voting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#923442 added November 7, 2017 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
Making Sense of the World and Voting
Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Outside my window
a pigeon coos
joyfully greeting another day.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1331
Do you have days in which you make sense of everything and everything gives you an idea for a story or poem? If that happens, how do you clear your mind from this flood of ideas?

Making Sense of the Word

The only way I can calm my mind and refocus is through prayer and meditation. I usually pick a prayer for Aid and Assistance or Assistance with Tests revealed by The Bab or Baha'u'llah; sometimes I chose a prayer written by 'Abdu'l-Baha. I read the prayer and meditate on it, after that I find I can focus. It is difficult to pick between ideas if I am not focused because my mind keeps wandering from one subject to the other.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1818
How important are non-presidential elections to you? Do you vote or blow it off? If you don't reside here in the states share with us your election process so we can learn too.

It is important to make you voice heard in every election. I can remember seeing the voting rights marches on television. People were being attacked by dogs, shot, and soaked by fire department because they wanted the right to vote. People died for the right to vote, and it is our duty to remember the martyrs for voting rights by making sure they did not die in vain.

I vote in all National Elections. I vote in the local elections when they are for city council or mayor. When there are only judges on the ballot, sometimes I vote and sometimes I skip that ballot. Voting for a judge depends on what I know about the person, and if there have been any scandals associated with a specific judge. The people running for the judges have several years experience in the law, and an office team that is experienced in researching a case.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923442-Making-Sense-of-the-World-and-Voting