*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923698-Considering-the-Upcoming-Holidays-on-the-Day-of-Beauty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#923698 added November 12, 2017 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
Considering the Upcoming Holidays on the Day of Beauty
Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday the Day of Beauty

It is Jamál,
the day of Beauty,
it is the ninth of Qudrat,
the month of Power in 174 B.E.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1336
How do you manage to maintain your commitment to writing (especially if you're involved in NaNo, for example) during periods of busy real-life happenings (like now, with holidays approaching)?

I only celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, if someone else in the house celebrates it. Mom and I usually celebrated Thanksgiving my watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and eating pumpkin pie. I no longer watch Macy's Parade unless I catch a clip of it on line. Mom and I stopped celebrating Christmas a few years before she died, and I gave away the faux Christmas tree with all its ornaments. Now De and I have turkey and the fixings on Thanksgiving. We share the feast with whoever may come over, or we take some of the food to a neighbor.


On Christmas, De decorates the outside and windows of our apartment. We may or may not exchange gifts, but we do give a little something to two of the neighbor children. De takes care of the two children when their mother has to work late. Otherwise we do not do much for Christmas. The two holidays I revere in November are the Day of the Covenant, November 25, and the Ascension of 'Abdu'-Baha, November 27. I commemorate those by saying prayers, and writing something appropriate to the day. As for my writing commitment, I do the best I can by making sure the NaNo writing is an A priority, which sometimes is difficult (because of interruptions) to do. This is why I like to be ahead on my word count.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923698-Considering-the-Upcoming-Holidays-on-the-Day-of-Beauty