*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923875-This-Writers-Six-Hour-Observation-of-Life-in-the-Midwest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Entertainment · #2091196
The fun, the frustrating and the unbelievable-- Living in the Nation's Capitol
#923875 added November 16, 2017 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
This Writer's Six Hour Observation of Life in the Midwest
Today’s roundtrip commute between St. Louis and Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri proved to be interesting. During this roundtrip drive, I passed more than this man’s fair share of Walmart’s, Waffle Houses, and Cracker Barrels. Is it any wonder that there is an obesity crisis in America? If exercise is your thing, several billboards propositioned you with axe throwing lessons in Cuba, MO. There were also numerous miniature golf putt-putt courses and 2-zip lines in these U.S. plains. I assume that the cables are made of reinforced steel. After golfing, you can catch some shut-eye at one of several Super 8 motels. If prayer is your preference, you will be exposed to countless Houses of Worship of all manner and style. Historians will be enticed with advertisements to visit the Jesse James hide-out cave where the notorious gangster eluded the local lawmen 140 years ago. Those seeking a more civilized historical adaptation can visit the Jesse James Wax Museum. If firepower is your thing, you will be inundated with fireworks stores, gun shops and gun ranges of both the in-and-outdoor variety. The most entertaining sign of the trip combined the joys of eating with marksmanship by promoting a visit to the Uranus Fudge Factory noting that gun rentals are also available. Visit Uranus, Missouri to satisfy your gun and fudge needs. This author's ridicule of the Midwest lifestyle did go unnoticed, my rental car broke down on the return trip 30 miles from St. Louis. The spiritual cause and effect of karma put me in my place; thank God it is not on the Missouri plains.

© Copyright 2017 Michael Jay Aitch (UN: ghostly_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Jay Aitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923875-This-Writers-Six-Hour-Observation-of-Life-in-the-Midwest