*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923882-NEAR-DEATH-EXPERIENCES
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#923882 added November 15, 2017 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES
NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES

I went into convulsions, didn't realize I had just swallowed strychnine and was in a state of panic. I was with someone who had died from electrocution and returned, he was at that time a Tibetan Buddhist who knew the Tibetan Book of the Dead and he began the ritual with me rather than taking me to the hospital.

As I lost control of my body, I felt something like an electrical heat moving along my spine, the visual field turned yellow. Then, I was suddenly in a place I can only describe as chaos: it seemed that everything that had ever happened, would ever happen, to all beings was happening at once and I was aware of all of it in detail. I wanted to find an anchor, a point of stillness.

I observed my parents making love and was drawn to them, experienced myself in my mother's womb, then my own birth and relived my life. Not so much the various experiences but what it was like to be myself at each stage of growing up until I became an old woman and died again. At death, I again resisted with everything I could muster and was again terrified. The same experience repeated itself. This cycle happened several times until I finally surrendered at the death stage.

When that happened, I found myself in a blissful realm, of supreme love and wisdom. I remained there for an unknown period of time until I seemed to suddenly be back in my body.

I was completely disoriented. My friend, who had stayed with me, confirmed that I had died and all bodily processes had stopped. He sometimes talked with me about how both of us had crossed over and returned. The lesson I came away with was that fear and resistance take us to a lower realm of experience, whereas, surrender was an important state to be in to gain access to the realm of what could be called the ‘clear light’. I ‘knew’ that I would not permanently die until I was an old woman. The old woman I became is turning out to be very much like who I am now becoming, in appearance.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923882-NEAR-DEATH-EXPERIENCES