*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924030-Sunday-Thoughts-Contemplating-Beauty-and-Civilization
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#924030 added November 19, 2017 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Thoughts: Contemplating Beauty and Civilization
Jamál (Beauty), 16 Qudrat (Power) 174 B.E. - Sunday, November 19, 2017

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
Franz Kafka

Contemplating Beauty and Civilization

Jamal, the day of Beauty, a day like any other day that expresses a divine attribute. Open the blinds and look outside, see the blue or cloudy sky; either way it is a beautiful day. Open an outside door, and inhale the crisp autumn air. Has the sun ascended above the eastern mountains? Are the neighbors awake, or are they still asleep, cozy under warm blankets? What blessings will this alluring day bring into your life? Count your known blessings before you leave your house, and after you return home count your blessing again to find those that were unknown. Unknown blessing appear out of thin air on any day of the week, but especially on beautiful days.


Sunday, and according to the Gregorian calender, the beginning of a new week. Sunday, the beginning of the last full week in November. It is Thanksgiving Sunday because on Thursday, November 23, Thanksgiving arrives in all its majesty. What do we have to be thankful for this year? Civilization appears to be collapsing around us. Nation is threatening nation with nuclear. Hate mongers march, and shoot from tall buildings killing innocence people. Do not get discouraged! This is not the destruction of the world, rather these are the birth pangs of a new planetary civilization. We live at the dawn of a new age, and the creatures of night fear the rising of the sun of beauty and peace.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924030-Sunday-Thoughts-Contemplating-Beauty-and-Civilization