*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924378-All-suffering
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#924378 added November 26, 2017 at 12:40am
Restrictions: None
All suffering
All suffering is mental. It has nothing to do with the body or with a person's circumstances. You can be in great pain without any suffering at all.
How do you know you're supposed to be in pain? Because that's what's happening.
To live without a stressful story, to be a lover of what IS, even in pain—that's heaven. To be in pain and believe that you shouldn't be in pain—that's hell.
Pain is actually a friend. It's nothing I want to get rid of if I can't. It's a sweet visitor; it can stay as long as it wants to. (And that doesn't mean I won't take a Tylenol)
Even pain is projected: it's always on its way out. Can your body hurt when you're not conscious? When you're in pain and the phone rings and it's the call you've been waiting for, you mentally focus on the phone call, and there's no pain. If your thinking changes, the pain changes.
I have an Israeli friend who is paralyzed from his neck to his toes. He used to see himself as a victim, and he had all the proof—the mind is good at that. He was certain that life was unfair. But after doing The Work for a while, he came to realize that reality is just the way it should be. He doesn't have a problem now. He's a happy man in a paralyzed body. And he didn't do anything to change his mind.
He simply questioned his thinking, and mind changed.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924378-All-suffering