*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924630-Midweek-Reflections-Five-Years-and-Counting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#924630 added November 29, 2017 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections: Five Years and Counting
Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Mama,
It has been five years
since you ascended
into the Abha Paradise.
I miss you
every day.
Love,
Neva

Five Years And Counting

Five years ago Mom transcended into the spiritual world. In the past five years, I have downsized and upsized, acquired a roommate and a dog, the dog was given away, and now we seem to have acquired another dog. Unless someone claims this dog or we find someone in the neighborhood who wants her, we have a Chihuahua puppy, which may be of the toy variety.

I have the ashes of one dog and two cats in my closet. I'll have to decide what to do with them in the coming year. I do not want to leave those for someone to dispose of. The only reason I have them is that Mom wanted the ashes, after she passed, I put the ashes in storage, and when my sister cleaned her storage unit out she brought the boxes which had the ashes and urns. In addition, the box contained the ashes of one of my sisters husbands and their dog (not in the same urn).

I know Mom is sitting in heaven, looking down, and laughing about the ashes being put in storage. Alright, I have to admit that I thought it was funny when we discovered them (De and I0. We both laughed, and I still laugh when I think about it. I don't know what my sister did with the ashes and the urns she took back to Searchlight, and I'm sure I don't want to know.

Mom has been gone five years, and I am in another stage of grief. I miss Mom every day. I wish I had her to consult when I have a decision to make. I would like to know what she would like me to do with our pets' ashes. I don't want to keep them in my apartment. I don't want to carry them with me if I move again. I don't want them left in the closet after I have passed.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924630-Midweek-Reflections-Five-Years-and-Counting