*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924812-The-Trinket
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#924812 added December 2, 2017 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
The Trinket
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover and to Elle - on hiatus who added a second purple awardicon for the 2016 Quill Honorable Mention for Best Political/Opinion

DAY 1843: December 2, 2017
Prompt: Many of you collect trinkets. If you collect trinkets find one that you especially like or one with a seasonal theme. Write a poem or story that reflects the theme of the trinket. Post the trinket with the story/poem, and a thank you to the person who created the trinket. If you don't collect trinkets, find a song or quote with a seasonal theme and write a story or poem following the theme. Please post a link so we can find the song or the quote.


I have collected 280 so far and have created 4. It's difficult to choose only one as I have so many favourites! I've decided to go for seasonal, instead.



A big thank you to 🌕 HuntersMoon who created this trinket on October 7, 2016. It has brought back some happy childhood memories.

When I was a child, our Jack O Lantern was magical. During the evening it produced several candy kisses! My mum would say, “Have you looked in the pumpkin tonight?” I would go lift the lid carefully avoiding the candle's flame and pull out three candy kisses.

Carving the Jack O Lantern and anticipating the sweet treats was a fun Halloween tradition.

River *Heart*




© Copyright 2017 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924812-The-Trinket