*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925271-Midweek-Reflections-on-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925271 added December 13, 2017 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on 2017
Wednesday, December 13, 2017

 2017: An Awesome Year  (13+)
This essay combines poem and prose. WC: 329
#2143083 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1854:
As the year draws to an end...
Begin you blog entry with that phrase and write whatever comes to mind. Be creative. Have Fun.

Midweek Reflections on 2017

As the year draws to an end, I contemplate the up and downs, the joys and sorrows, of the past twelve months. I intone a prayer of gratitude for the lessons and the blessings of 2017. As I wrote, in an essay I wrote earlier this week, 2017 was an awesome year, but, like all awe-inspiring events, it contained the elements of both successes and disappointments. The interesting thing, is that the disappointments always reveals something about me that I needed to work on or change. I discovered that I worry too much about the condition of America, while it is true the situation in the country looks dark, there a moment when light shines through revealing the situation is not hopeless.


I know that America has a glorious future; however, to get to that future we must walk through the valley of the shadow. We must face the darkness of our prejudices and fears, overcome them, and walk hand-in-hand into the light of a new day. We have to do this together, no matter what our color, religion, or political affiliation may be. If we close ourselves off from the world, from humanity, or from our fellow Americans we will die separately behind the wall of our fears. We cannot close ourselves into armed camps, with our fingers on the button of destruction and death. If we do that, we will never see the glorious future that awaits us beyond this present darkness.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925271-Midweek-Reflections-on-2017