*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925394-Youth-in-Politics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925394 added December 16, 2017 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Youth in Politics
Saturday, December 16, 2017

The future of the planet,
depends on the youth of today.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1857
"Youthquake" is Oxford Dictionaries word of the year. This word refers to the increasing involvement of youth in politics in the United Kingdom. Write something about a Youthquake.

Youth in Politics

I attempt to stay informed about the state of the nation and the world so that I can vote intelligently. I am registered nonpartisan, and try to remain uninvolved in party politics. I vote in national and state elections, I will vote in local elections when it is a mayor is being elected, but I, normally, do not vote in elections where the only thing up for grabs are on the judges benches, unless one of the judges has did something stupid enough to make headlines.


It is good to see youth informed and registered, in the U.S. (most state anyway) a person can register as nonpartisan or independent if they do not want to involve themselves in party politics or infighting. I know that many youth are not registered voters, and this is a shame because they are the future of the country and the world. I suspect part of the problem may be perception, they just do not believe their vote will count. Despite what happened in 2016, each vote does count. Another reason for youth being uninvolved in politics could be example. I know, when I was working the polls, a number of parents brought their children to the polling place with them. Those children who saw their parents go into the voting both or behind the voting machine are much more likely to register and vote when they come of age.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925394-Youth-in-Politics