*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925453-Holiday-Miracles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925453 added December 17, 2017 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
Holiday Miracles
Sunday, December 17th,, 2017

Look for miracles
they occur every day:
life itself is a miracle.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1461
What do you consider to be, in your opinion, a holiday miracle?

The English Oxford Living Dictionaries has three definitions for a miracle. Only two of this defines come close to describing a holiday miracle. The first definition concerns "extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency", and the second is a "remarkable event or development that brings very welcome consequences."1 Both of these type of miracles occur every day in the lives of different people. Sometimes we see them and sometimes we are blind to their occurrences when they occur outside the holiday season. If people look for miracles they will see them.


I recently had a miracle occur in my life. I could attribute it to a holiday miracle, but I will not because I believe miracles happen on a regular basis. When I went to the vein specialist to have a follow-up ultrasound, after my outpatient vein surgery, the ultrasound was normal and I did not have a blood clot. A blood clot is one of the side effects of the surgery.

Footnotes
1  https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/miracle


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925453-Holiday-Miracles