*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925651-Is-Winter-Solstice-2017-the-Worst-Day-of-the-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925651 added December 21, 2017 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Is Winter Solstice 2017 the Worst Day of the Year?
Thursday, December 21, 2017

“Life is so extraordinary. Wonderful surprises are just around the most unexpected corners.”
Rosamunde Pilcher, Winter Solstice

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1862
The winter solstice — also known as Yule, Midwinter, the Shortest Day of the Year and the Longest Night — occurs at 11:28 a.m. ET Thursday.But this short, little day with a great many names also may be the worst day of the year, according to astrologers. The reason? Saturn.

Apparently, the sun will appear to pass in front of the constellation Capricorn hours after Saturn does likewise. This will cause both of these orbs to line up for the first time time since 1664, according to London astrologer Neil Spencer, who writes for The (London) Observer but first wrote about the alignment on his blog.

He insists that starting something new on this day is “ill advised” and will have long-term consequences. And anything you try to do Thursday will be more difficult than usual, take more time and be more frustrating.

Are you concerned or is it just another day?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2017/12/20/winter-solstice-worst-...

Is Winter Solstice 2017 the Worst Day of the Year?

Am I concerned about Thursday, December 21, being the worst day of the year? No! I do not think the stars or the planets can predict the worst or best days of the year for any individual, because worst and best are defined by each person. The unexpected is always making itself know, sometimes it appears as an angel and sometimes as a demon, but even those events cannot be determined to be the worst or the best until the last day of the year. The best thing to do is get up each day with a positive attitude expecting the best, and doing your best to live a positive life for that day.


Accept the unexpected
as a wonderful surprise
because it is a gift from the universe.


Winter Solstice 2017

Winter solstice
is just another cold
and windy day in Las Vegas.

The snow on Mount Charleston
chills the Las Vegas valley,
while the wind assaults
the Palm trees
whipping their branches
from side to side,
causing the dead limbs to fall
to the ground.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925651-Is-Winter-Solstice-2017-the-Worst-Day-of-the-Year