*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926010-The-12-Joys-of-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#926010 added December 31, 2017 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
The 12 Joys of Christmas
*Bullet* Youngest grandson coughed, spluttered and threw up before, during and after Humbug.

*Bullet* Eldest grandson suffered heavy nosebleeds leading to frequent bathroom cleaning.

*Bullet* One sick cat leading to a vet's visit two days before Humbug and a lot of little loose messages around the house.

*Bullet* The cracked, unstable step at the front finally collapsed and is now even more potentially dangerous.

*Bullet* Broke and busted after Humbug, vet's fees and utility bills so no chance to resolve the step issue at present.

*Bullet* Son developed a cyst necessitating a visit to a medical drop in centre for anti biotics.

*Bullet* Abusive and nonsensical text messages sent to son and Angel from the crazy Cambodian at all hours of the day and night.

*Bullet* Five nights sleeping on the sofa. Tired just doesn't cut it.

*Bullet* Shopping, wrapping, cooking, pot washing and clearing up performed by Nanna.

*Bullet* Friends falling ill so several social occasions cancelled or altered.

*Bullet* Washing machine about to suffer a nervous breakdown with laundry overload.

*Bullet* Finally caught the bug myself. Oh Joy.

No resolutions, no happy new year wishes. A case of survival and not daring to think what lies ahead.

Best Wishes to you all, but right now I'd willingly hibernate until all this is over, if it ever is. I will however drink to everyone's good health...rinse and

repeat ad infinitum. *Glass2* *Glass* *Glass4* *Glass5* *Glass*

© Copyright 2017 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926010-The-12-Joys-of-Christmas