*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926586-Hope-and-Prayers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#926586 added January 7, 2018 at 1:20pm
Restrictions: None
Hope and Prayers

Hope and prayers are about all we have left, but they are strong weapons in the face of adversity.

It was two years yesterday since my husband died and my son's eleventh wedding anniversary today. This year we could not have foreseen the events dominating our lives during this painful weekend.

Both my son and myself have gone down with one of the worst bugs in years, but there is little chance to rest. Dennis has been quite poorly this weekend too so another visit to the vets will be necessary tomorrow.

Mey Ling is proving to be very difficult and vicious regarding access to the children and the problems she has created. We have a collection of foul, abusive texts she has sent and evidence of continuous lies. My son will see his solicitor tomorrow, but what happens after that is yet to unfold. The welfare of the children comes first and social services are involved.

Before all this kicked off Mey Ling had already planned a visit to Cambodia on her own on January 20th for three weeks. My son had paid for her flights. One day she claims she's still going, the next she's not, but I'm pretty certain she'll go as she's totally selfish and her concern for the children isn't as sincere as it should be. It would be better for us all if my son could return to the family home while she is away to bring some stability and security to the lives of the children. Only time will tell.

Predicting the future is impossible and worrying about it a waste, yet it is difficult to stop the mind from wandering. I started this new blog with the motto 'one day at a time sweet Jesus,' and now more than ever need to try and do just that.


© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926586-Hope-and-Prayers