*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926146-January-2-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#926146 added January 2, 2018 at 6:51am
Restrictions: None
January 2, 2018
{entry: Me in my Salvation Army uniform Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs What is/ was your favorite part of the New Year celebrations? fireworks, music, highlights of the past year, getting together with friends?

My favorite part of the New Year's celebration to be quite honest was getting it over with. I am not a particularly big fan of any holiday and always look forward to them ending. Holidays are usually just another day that I have to go broke as I am paid by paper check that arrives in the mail. Since the mail doesn't run on holidays they only leave me waiting one more day. I would love to have my money direct deposited but my company doesn't do direct deposits. They prefer the paper trail. So holidays are usually on a Monday or Friday and often that means waiting extra days for what is entitled to me.

Blog City image small Prompt: “True productivity is not about the volume of work. It is about doing what matters on demand, without the pressure of external deadlines or forces.”
Nicholas Erik, from The Writer’s Productivity Crash Course
What does productivity mean to you--in writing, in personal life, or in general?"

True productivity to me means doing everything in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ. Most generally I fall well short of that mark and get tangled up in the ways of the world. I find that as I get older my get up and got has done got up and gone so I am sluggish and at times a bit lazy. However any activities I undertake I try to do them as if I was doing them as a direct service to God because as a Christian everything I do should be pleasing to Him. My parents always taught me that anything worth doing was worth doing properly. That means giving it 110% and that is what I try to do.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards


© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926146-January-2-2018